Sunday, July 21, 2024

Life: It Goes On - July 21

Happy Sunday - the first Sunday in weeks that it's not sunny on a Sunday morning. Plus side of its having rained the past two days is that I don't have to go out and water plants. Down side is that I haven't been able to get any projects worked on outside. 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: I finished Kelly Corrigan's The Middle Place and started Andrew Pham's Twilight Territory. Last week I referenced it as being the One Book, One World selection for 2024 but this week I'm unable to verify that. Can I find it in my emails where I swear I first heard about it? No, no I cannot. I'm about 2 hours in and I'm not sure if it's something I can continue with due to the violence. Might be easier in print, where I could skim over those parts. I know that was the reality of that time and place (as it is with so many other times and places); I just can't handle reading too much of that at this time. 


Watched: We finally started watching The Bear. It's definitely something you have to pay attention to while you're watching it - things move quickly and the dialogue is rapid fire. 


Read: Finished The Last Mrs. Parrish and today will finish Keep The Memories, Lose The Stuff. Next up, Kate Atkinson's Death At The Sign Of The Rook and DeCluttering At The Speed Of Life


Made: Today I'm making rice pudding, something I rarely make in the warm months. But it's cooler today and we somehow have ended up with far more milk that we can consume so it was rice pudding or potato soup and it's not cool enough for potato soup. 


Enjoyed: Not cooking all weekend. Friday we picked up Chinese from a new-to-us place. Last night we went out for burgers...which neither of us ended up ordering. Instead The Big Guy got fish and chips and I got mac and cheese. 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Week I’m:  


Planning: Mini-him and Miss C move into a new place next weekend so I'm racing to try to get his dresser done by then. Will pretty much consume most of my free time until then as I've barely started. Will try to remember to get "before" pictures (I'm so bad at remembering to do that!) so you can see where I started and where it ends up...assuming I'm proud of it at that point! 


Thinking About: Mini-him and Miss C are moving on his birthday so I'm trying to figure out how to get his favorite bday foods to the new place for dinner without creating too much extra work. 


Feeling: The overcast skies tend to bring headaches for me so I've been feeling very unproductive the past couple of days. Today I'm feeling better so I'm hoping that lasts. 


Looking forward to: Helping with the move. I know that sounds weird but I love helping people getting settled into new places and watching things come together so it feels like home. Luckily, they hired movers so we won't have to do any heavy lifting this time. 


Question of the week: How has your week been? Have you been keeping abreast of the news politically or are you trying to avoid it as much as possible? 


**The link for this week's book reviews is books that were recommended to me by friends.**

No comments:

Post a Comment