Saturday, February 5, 2011

Another Read-A-Thon!

I'm at again--anther readathon!  Wallace from Unputdownables is hosting a 48 Hour Read-a-Thon and since I've got a pretty clear weekend, I'm using this readathon as the perfect excuse to spend as much time as possible reading.  My primary goal is to get through Curtis Sittenfeld's American Wife.  It's not that it's a bad book, but it's long and I've been distracted this week and it's time to get it read!  No special snacks on hand for this one, although I do feel that I may have to break long enough to bake some banana bread.  Or chocolate chip cookies.  Or both.  Gotta go get another cuppa coffee and get back to the book!

Saturday Morning Update:
I got 100 pages of American Wife read last night into this morning and hope to get another 200 pages read today at least.  Much more than that is probably not doable--it may be a weekend without anything on the calendar but it's not a weekend without laundry and bathrooms that need to be cleaned. Off to bake that banana bread now.  And it's probably about time to get out of my pajamas. 

12 comments:

  1. Great idea for a free weekend! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Lisa!! :) Today (Sat) has been a total readathon failure but never mind. I still have a couple of hours left before bedtime. I think I'll grab a cup of tea and chew through a few chapters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh what a fun read! and a fun way to spend your weekend! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could make banana bread with chocolate chips!! Enjoy your time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're still reading and happily so. Just popping by to cheer you on.

    Keep going, it'll be nice to get the book out of the way. What's next?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Hope you get a lot of reading done - 48 hours is a LONG time!

    I am literally craving a readathon, I have so many books I want to get to. I was thinking about holing myself up at home tomorrow and doing just that, but of course errands keep creeping up...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read about this lovely event and hope that I can find a few hours to partake in the festivities myself. I have no interest in watching the Super Bowl --- and I think this would be the perfect alternative for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm, banana bread. I ventured out of the house this morning to make up some missed time at work and had hoped to pick up some ingredients for baking later today, but skidded through a stop sign and promptly turned around and went home. Wishing I could smell the scent of banana bread!!

    Enjoy the readathon and the book--it sounds like it's been a slow go so far.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on your read-a-thon! I didn't formally sign up, but I did get a lot of reading done today which was great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with fitting reading in, I definitely know how hard it can be. Hopefully you'll get more in than you would have otherwise though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Get out of pyjamas?? But why?!! They're the perfect reading attire ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nah, no need to get out of your pajamas on a cozy readathon day! I wasn't able to participate in this readathon this time around, but it sounds so appealing. Maybe next time. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete