Sunday, April 12, 2015

Life: It Goes On - April 12


My windshield Thursday
when I left work
It's definitely April in Nebraska - there was more than a half inch of heavy, wet snow on my car when I left work Thursday and by Saturday shorts and short-sleeves were the order of the day.

It's been a quiet week here with nothing more than a trip to the vet (cat now has to have antibiotics shoved down her throat daily - that's fun) and a one a.m. call from a sick kid (grabbed my shoes and purse and ran to bring her home). You'd think that would mean I got a lot read during the week, but you'd be wrong. Malaise struck me down. Four days of grey skies and drizzle will do that to a girl.

I spent yesterday being lazy productive. No such thing, you say? I beg to differ. I hardly left my desk but wrote three posts, finalized taxes, cleaned out my desk, and made a huge dent in my blog reader. It was just the day I needed!
This Week I'm:

Listening To: Sia - after watching her video for "Big Girls Cry," featuring 12-year-old dancer Maddie Ziegler, I decided to check out some of her older stuff and have a relisten to her latest, 1000 Forms of Fear. On YouTube there's a great piano version of "Chandelier" which I'm loving.



Watching: "The Real Housewives of New York" are back! I'd call the Real Housewives series' my guilty pleasure but I don't feel guilty at all about watching the shows.

Reading: I finished Let's Pretend This Never Happened and, lordy, did that book make me laugh! My review will post Tuesday. Let's just say, it's possible I will keep this one to reread. Then yesterday I started reading Rebecca Rotert's Last Night At The Blue Angel for an upcoming review and I'm so impressed with the writing in it. It's gonna be hard for me not to do nothing but read until it's finished.

Making: Bacon avocado burgers, spaghetti pie, pork chops and wild rice, chicken and stuffing. We're still working on how to cook for two so one meal's been lasting a couple of days; at least we don't have to cook as much!

Planning: Do you remember all of those things I was planning to get done last week? Still haven't done most of them. So, yeah, I still need to finish up the spring decorating, clean Mini-him's bedroom, and get back into my office. I've got some major rearranging and painting I'd like to do but I'm not going to let myself do any of it until I get these other things done.

Grateful for: Sunshine!
My dad, Miss H, and
the Big Guy

Enjoying: Football. Yesterday was the annual spring scrimmage game and it's just what I need to tide me over until the season begins. Nebraska has the biggest turnout for their spring game of any college team - this year almost 77,000 people attended, including a good chunk of my family.

Feeling: I'm going to have a lot of time to myself this week and I'm hopeful that I'll make good use of it.

Looking forward to: Fingers crossed, a week with more energy.

What are you looking forward to this week?


8 comments:

  1. I think you got a lot done at your study desk last week considering you're also out at work. We have our daughter staying so lots of activities happening and I haven't been able to get on the internet much this last week or two. I'm hoping the sunny weather returns whilst she's here so that we can go places. Have a good week yourself, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've had a busy week - malaise or no. Spring scrimmage - yep - I get it. Well, not the whole Cornhuskers thing (we like our colors to be burnt orange for Univ of TX), but yep. Good luck with rearranging/painting/decorating goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bacon Avocado burgers sound delicious!!! Hope Miss H is feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hoping to have a lazy productive day today as well. I desperately need one. Our weather cannot make up its mind either. We plunge down at night but climb to barely decent temperatures during the day. The sun is getting some power behind it though, which makes those sunny days so glorious no matter what the temperatures.

    Have a great week, and I hope you are as productive as you hope to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fellow Real Housewives enthusiast! I was tuned in to RHONY this week too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lazy productive totally exists - that's the best kind of productivity! If that could get a lot of the chores out of my way, I will be super happy. Hope your week ahead is much warmer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your cat is doing better. My senior cat is being evaluated for thyroid problems as he hasn't been doing too well of late. We're anxiously awaiting the test results. Hopefully we'll hear something tomorrow.

    I've been listening to Sia too. :-) I'm so glad you liked Let's Pretend This Never Happened. I laughed my way through that one too.

    This week I am most looking forward to going to Disneyland and the L.A. Times Festival of Books. I just have to get through the work week first . . . I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those burgers sounds delicious - thanks for the idea! Sounds like quite a busy week - hope everyone is feeling better! I'm excited about the NYC Housewives as well - I love that show! I can't wait to see what happens on the reunion tonight for the Bev Hills Housewives - although I do think three episodes for a reunion is pushing it. Anyhow, hope this week is a great one!!

    ReplyDelete