Saturday, March 19, 2016

Oh, Hey, It's Bloggiesta Time!

I've been putting off signing up for Bloggiesta this time, not sure what my schedule for the week was going to look like and wanting to make sure that, if I did sign up, I had time to commit to it. Turns out, I think I do!

Then the question becomes "what do I want to accomplish this week on the blog?" I've played a bit with the look of the blog lately, adding a new header a couple of weeks ago. I'm not 100% sold on it so I may tweak that, but it's not a priority. Eventually I'll be moving to WordPress but not this week. That's something Mini-him is going to help me with soon.

Here's what I know, for sure, that I need to take care of:

  1. Comments: I need to catch up on the comments left this month.
  2. Mail: I've been doing better on this lately, but there's always cleaning up to be done.
  3. Bloglovin': This should be at the top of the list - I've got about 100 posts I haven't read as of today and want to make sure I take time to read and comment on all of them.
  4. Mini-challenges: I've been doing this almost seven years now so it's harder to find mini-challenges that work for me, but it's always worth checking out.
  5. Clean Up Sidebar: There's not a lot to do, but I do want to do some cleaning up and rearranging.
  6. Catch Up My Calendar: I'm trying to free read as much as possible but I do have some books on Netgalley that I need to make sure I read before they archive, book club reads and at least one scheduled review. Gotta make sure nothing is falling through the cracks.
  7. Prep Some Posts: I'm remarkably scheduled ahead a couple of weeks for reviews but I'd like to get the rest of those weeks filled in to give me more reading time in April. 
  8. Visit New-To-Me Blogs: I can't keep up with the blogs I follow already but I'd hate to think there's a great blog I don't even know about yet!
  9. Clean Up Labels: The never ending task. Ugh. UPDATE: everything's gone I wanted to get rid of. Next Bloggiesta I'm going to work on adding labels to the posts without labels and adding some new labels to old posts.
  10. Books Read List: This is one of those tasks I've started and never quite finished. 
  11. Clean Up Old Posts: If I'm really crazy and knock out everything else, I'd love to go back and make sure older posts are all formatted the way I like them to be now. I did a fair amount of this while I was cleaning up labels. I'm calling that good enough for now.
Whew! I hope my family isn't planning on eating this week! 

14 comments:

  1. That's quite the list! Good luck with everything I hope you're able to accomplish all you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an awesome list! Good luck with it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your family might miss your cooking judging by the tasty sounding meals you mention on your Life: It Goes On posts! You do well already with what you achieve; reading, review writing. Wordpress does look smart, but I find the format seems more difficult to use (trying to find where to comment and so on). I've been struggling with a slow broadband this week. I always seem to be behind with reading blogs and commenting. Have a good rest of the weekend and week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky in that everyone in my house, with the exception of Miss H, is pretty capable in the kitchen. If I don't cook, they'll fend for themselves. The hubby actually does a lot of the cooking as he gets home from work about a half hour before I do.

      Delete
  4. Well I had my own little Bloggiesta this a.m. when I discovered a spelling error in a bunch of posts. Hate that! And cleaning up - so tedious! :--)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a VERY ambitious list! Even if you only get part of it done, that will be a lot! I like the look of your blog and the header, but the switch to WordPress from Blogger was pretty easy, and I think it lets you do more customizing. But maybe I just never figured out how to make Blogger do what I wanted! Good luck, and happy Bloggiests!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adding a Bloglovin' cleanup to your list is a good idea! I'm always behind on blog reading! I'm also going to try tackling my massive list of labels this week! Good luck and have a fun Bloggiesta! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I should add comments to my list, I have not been keeping up either :/ Thank you for the reminder, happy bloggiesta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I visit other blogs, the longer my to-do list always gets!

      Delete
  8. Great list! Good luck accomplishing your goals. Looks like you're off to a great start! I need to catch up on Bloglovin too! Happy Bloggiesta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving that Bloggiesta is a whole week now and not just a weekend - so much easier to find the time to get a lot done!

      Delete
  9. Good luck with your goals. I have severely neglected Bloglovin, I can't even tell you how many unread posts are on mine, I should do something about that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list....I always enjoy checking things off, and you're making great progress. Love your blog header!

    Enjoy the rest of the week, and thanks for stopping by my blog. I love meeting new bloggers during these events.

    ReplyDelete