Sunday, April 16, 2017

Life: It Goes On - April 17

April showers will bring May flowers, right? At the rate we're going, we're going to have a bumper crop of flowers in May. Everything is certainly greening up, growing up, and blooming out. Gardening is beginning. Yesterday I dug up columbine to give to a friend (I hope she understands that it grows like a weed. Perhaps it is one?) and split lilies. Today I will plant hostess and fern that my friend gave me and moving out the big front porch pots that I managed to keep some plants alive all winter in. Feels good to get back in the dirt!

This Week I'm:

Listening To: I'm about half way through Homer and Langley. It's an interesting exploration of how a house might reach the extremes of hoarding that Homer and Langley Collyer's home did. Musically, my Spotify playlist on shuffle - it's pretty much all over the place but never boring!

Watching: I'm finally getting The Big Guy to use the best features of our new television system and I've taken advantage of my time alone to catch up on "my" shows. Together we watched some episodes of Longmire and a couple of episodes of Game of Thrones. I watched finished the Big Little Lies series (I'm actually going to miss that one!) and 3 episodes of The Crown (so good!).

Reading: With book club coming up this week, I'm reading Angela Flourney's The Turner House. I'm really liking the writing. I put down The Shadow Land and I'm not entirely sure I'll pick it up again.

Making: I'm taking dessert to our combined family Easter dinner today. Since there are 21 of us, I decided to do angel food cake in three different ways - thank heavens I bought the actual cakes because between three different filling and three different frostings, I have made a hella mess of my kitchen. I made lemon curd for the first time; I'm now trying to figure out how many different ways I can incorporate it into my life because yum!

Planning: A bachelor's/girls' weekend in Milwaukee for the affianced couple. They can't get enough time off to get south so we will take the party to them. They will be moving in the next few months and we wanted to get up to Milwaukee again before they leave anyway so this is perfect.

Red/White Spring Game Fun

Thinking About: 40 Bags In 40 Days is officially over but the decluttering is not so I'm still thinking of how to get everything accomplished around the rest of our lives. Today while the rest of my crew was off to Lincoln for the annual Red/White game, I worked on the garage. Looks like they had more fun than I did!

Enjoying: Dinners on the patio!

To Their
Future
Feeling: Happy for my sister and brother-in-law. Because of his job, they will be moving to Wisconsin in a few weeks. Last week they got their house sold before it even went on the market and had their offer accepted on a house they fell in love with last weekend. We'll miss having them nearby but can't wait to visit them in their new place.

Looking forward to: Book club this week. And something on Saturday but I can't remember what. That's not good!

Question of the week: What's your favorite way to make your house spring ready?

4 comments:

  1. Glad to know you're enjoying The Turner House... it's on my kindle. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it a lot, the rest of my book club not as much.

      Delete
  2. I had the kids working on spring cleaning while they were on spring break. Yesterday, we finished it up by washing bedding and switching to the warm weather duvet cover. I also bought new cushions for my patio furniture; they were way overdue but a fun way to make the room look new again! Today, we pulled out the hammock and gave it a good scrubbing. It is airing out in the sun now. I cannot wait to get back on it and read.

    I hope you have a wonderful Sunday and a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to track down new cushions for my patio furniture to no avail. It's way past time & I'm wanting it done before the wedding. Might just be time for a new set!

      Delete