Sunday, May 9, 2021

Life: it Goes On - May 9

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there and those who have mothered children in one way or another! It will be a quiet day here. We went to see my dad yesterday and then I went and spent some time at my mom's grave. If your mom is still alive, make sure you call her or see her today; you have no idea how much you will miss her when she's gone. 

Last Week I: 

 Listened To: The Little Paris Book Shop, which, as it turns out, is hardly set in Paris at all. 

Watched: The new television set that my son bought us. Just because. We didn't particularly need a new television set (and we certainly didn't need one as big as this one), but Mini-him knew his dad was jonesing for something new and said he owed it to us. We raised a good kid. 

Read: I'm still reading Andy Weir's Project Hail Mary and, finally, finished Dave Kindred's Leave Out The Tragic Parts

Made: Pork roast with sweet potatoes, ham and hash brown casserole, salads. If it wasn't easy, it wasn't getting made because we were busy this week. 

Enjoyed:
 Getting my hands in the dirt and getting our patio ready for the summer. I'm having fun this year doing some different things in the backyard and The Big Guy moved our raised garden and spent a lot of time getting the vegetable gardens planted and cleaned up.

This Week I’m:  

Planning: On finishing up the planting and painting outside, rearranging some furniture inside (that's what a new tv will do for you), and heading south to see my brother and his family. It's going to be another busy week!

Thinking About: What projects I'm going to work on this summer. 

Feeling: Sad today, missing my mom. But I'm going to get busy and keep my mind occupied. 

Looking forward to: Hitting the road. I so missed our road trips last year. 

Question of the week: Are you a gardener? If so, what's your favorite thing to plant? 

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you today. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JoAnn. I know that every first will be tough and then things will gradually get easier. It's just a matter of trying to figure out how to best navigate those firsts.

      Delete
  2. I think I saw a pic of a chair with a plant pot in it on FB. Was that you? What a great idea.
    Hope you had a nice Mother's Day!! As for easy meals, I am always done for those. Busy or not. I don't have the patience for things these days and meals that take too much time or use too many ingredients don't get make in my home these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a chair with a plant pot! My sister gave it to me. It's adorable but has to be watered constantly because it has not tray at the bottom of the pot so all of the water just drains out and can't be soaked back up. I moved it off my front porch this year and it has taken quite a beating out; will need to give it a fresh coat of paint next spring. Maybe then I'll figure out a way to solve that water problem.

      Delete