Sunday, April 10, 2022

Life: It Goes On - April 10

Happy Sunday! Coming to you this week from cloudy Omaha. On the plus side, as I type, I'm watching birds, squirrels, and rabbits frolic in my front yard; the trees and lilac bushes are starting to leaf out; and the grass is, finally, starting to turn green, which is all making me happy.  

Cases of the new Covid sub-variant are on the rise here in Nebraska so The Big Guy and I got our second boosters Friday. Each of the other shots has kind of knocked me out for about 24 hours but the only side effect I had from this booster was, strangely, a bit of a runny nose. Or that could have been allergies, what with the door open all day yesterday because that's the price to be paid for spring. 

Last Week I: 

 Listened To: I finished Tears of the Giraffe, the second book in Alexander McCall Smith's #1 Lady's Detective Agency series and started Paula Hawkins' A Slow Fire Burning

Watched: Got BG to watch more of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. I'm not loving it as much as I used to - it's starting to feel a bit like "oh look, another bad thing happened," but it's still, most of the time, so funny. 

Read:
 I finished John Banville's April in Spain and now I'm switching between Terese Marie Mailhot's Heart Berries and Jessamine Chan's The School for Good Mothers

Made: My aunt and I have been writing each other a lot about "dieting" and she was telling me about roasting garbanzo beans. So I oven roasted a pan of garbanzo beans (seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika, and parsley) the other day and have been throwing those onto salads. And now I'm thinking of other ways they could be seasoned and wondering if an air fryer might give me a crunchier bean. 

Enjoyed: Happy hour with my tier ones on Tuesday and dinner at a new place with friends last night. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: It's the last official week of 40 Bags In 40 Days so I'm going to try to crank out some work on that. But, as is often then case, I'm going to try to keep myself working on that after Easter as I just haven't gotten as much done this year as I was hoping on getting done. 

Thinking About: How happy I'll be when we've made our way past the primary election in May. I'm so tired of listening to the Republican candidates' ads as they try to out conservative each other and acting as though all Nebraskans feel the same way they do. 

Feeling: Overwhelmed by all of cruelty in the world. Some days I just can't watch the news or look at social media but I know that ignoring it won't make it go away and that we all need to speak up. 

Looking forward to: Seeing Miss H next weekend, although she'll be busy attending a friend's wedding and won't even be able to stick around long enough for Easter dinner. 

Question of the week: What's one area of your house that could really use the 40 Bags treatment? Or are you a person who always works hard to keep things from accumulating too much? 

2 comments:

  1. I am a fan of roasted garbanzo beans.

    With my son living here now and him dumping all his belonging into the garage again, I could use the 40 bag treatment all over. There is spillage everywhere. He will be leaving again soon but he told me he isn't taking everything this time. I told him he could leave his cat Root Beer. He did not go for it.

    ReplyDelete