Sunday, April 17, 2022

Life: It Goes On - April 17

Happy Sunday! And Happy Easter and Happy Passover to those who observe! We celebrated Easter yesterday with my dad, Mini-him and Miss H. We had most of our traditional foods - ham, hash brown casserole, lemonade "salad," and pie. The "kids" both got Easter gifts but no more Easter baskets, no Easter egg hunts, and no candy. I think I could have been disciplined if there had been Easter candy in my house, after 12 weeks of retraining my brain about food, but I decided not to tempt myself. I am pretty sad about not getting to have any Cadbury eggs or Hershey's candy-coated eggs! 

Last Week I: 

 Listened To: I finished Tears of the Giraffe and A Slow Fire Burning and started the next book in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series, Morality for Beautiful Girls. I'm sure I've mentioned before that sometimes when I'm racing to finish a book, I'll up the speed of the audio. This week, as I was listening to A Slow Fire Burning, I realized that I had been listening to it for some time at 80% speed - no wonder it was taking so long to finish!

Watched: More of The Marvelous Life of Mrs. Maisel, some baseball, and CBS Sunday Morning, which had a marvelous piece by Steve Leder (the author of The Beauty of What Remains) this morning. I highly recommend looking it up. 

Read: Out of No Way, which I reviewed on Thursday and I started In An Instant by Suzanne Redfearn, which was recommended to me by a co-worker/fellow bookworm.


Made:
 Glazed ham, hash brown casserole, lemonade salad, and raspberry pie. It felt good to cook again! 

Enjoyed: We went out with friends last night to a new-to-us place, which is basically like a mall food court for grownups. At one place we got momos, at another lox crepes, and at another Japanese poke bowls. Capped off the night with a boozy ice cream shake at our friends' house!

This Week I’m:  

Planning: 40 Bags In 40 Days is officially over, as of yesterday, but I'm not done yet. After seeing all of the clearing out our friends have done in preparation for a move, both The Big Guy and I are inspired to really start clearing things out. I say that even as I've just said "yes, please" to more of my friend's vintage tablecloths! 

Thinking About: Spring, of course; aren't I always! I'm beginning to wonder if it's ever going to actually arrive! 

Feeling: Optimistic - as I so often am on Sundays when the week lies before me and I'm certain that I'm going to accomplish so much! 

Looking forward to: Some time off work this week, even if it is only a half day. 

Question of the week:

No comments:

Post a Comment