Sunday, April 3, 2022

Life: It Goes On - April 3

Happy Sunday! I'm coming to you from a fancy new-to-me keyboard and mouse that Mini-him brought over the other night. It's the little things that make me feel smart these days - like figuring out how to connect a new Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to my computer without having to ask Mini-me. Figured out how to do Outlook templates at work the other day, as well. Turns out you can teach an old dog new tricks. She might not remember them and have to look them up on the internet again, though. 

Last Week I: 

 Listened To: I finished The Mockingbird Next Door and, finally, Things Fall Apart and started the second book in the #1 Ladies Detective Agency series, Tears of the Giraffe. When it's quiet at work, I'm also sticking in my earbuds and listening to a lot of Broadway tunes. 

Watched: We finally started watching the new season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. The first episode had a terrifically funny scene on the Wonder Wheel on Coney Island - I would watch that scene again! Also, yeah, the Oscars. It was sort of boring...until it wasn't!

Read: I finally finished Booth. It's so good but reading on my phone has really become a grind for me. I'm now reading John Banville's April In Spain. I've been meaning to read Banville for a while and I'm definitely seeing why he is so well regarded. But it's another of those books that I picked up without reading the summary and I was certainly surprised when I read the first chapter. 

Made: It was another weird week in the kitchen but we did make burritos one night and spaghetti and meatballs another. 

Enjoyed: Dinner with Mini-him and his girlfriend Thursday night. One of the reasons they came over was so that we could get this picture taken. Our entire family have ordered t-shirts to support my dad in his battle with cancer and his wall of family pictures is now going to be a reminder that his family has his back (it's also a bit of an homage to my mom, who loved to have us all in matching outfits for special occasions). 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: I have about five book reviews to get written up so hope to get all of those done. I also continue to chip away at 40 Bags In 40 Days. I'm definitely not doing a very good job of it this year but I'm hoping to get to the basement this week and that should yield big results. 

Thinking About: Spring. Do I say that every week? I bought some new chair cushions for the patio the other day and now I'm more eager than ever to get the patio set up and start using it again. 

Feeling: My dad had a bit of a medical scare the other day (everything is, more or less, fine now), which meant a bit of a roller coaster ride of emotions this week. 

Looking forward to: Happy hour with my tier ones this week. 

Question of the week: Did you watch the Oscars? If so, what are your thoughts about what happened?

1 comment:

  1. The Oscars. Smith was in the wrong. The entire thing was classless and overblown. As far as what Rock even said, it was mild as far as Oscar roasts go. I mean, please, compare me to beautiful Demi as GI Jane. I feel that the Academy needs to pull his Oscar.

    ReplyDelete