Monday, August 22, 2022

Life: It Goes On - August 22

Happy Monday! It is not a beautiful, sunny Sunday as I write; it is, in fact, almost bedtime on Monday. I wish I could tell you that's because I've been so busy I haven't had a minute to sit down and write. But I have; I just haven't had the ambition to walk to the living room and write the post. And that's ok. My body is healing, my brain is racing and I just need to allow myself the grace to just sit when I need to do that. 

I see a lot of you are already thinking of fall. Meanwhile, I'm over here hanging on to summer with everything I've got in me. Two more weeks of this picture on my Sunday posts. Two more weeks before the unofficial end of summer. I love my slow evenings on the patio after our dinners out there. I love the flowers in full bloom all over my yard. I love being outside in short sleeves and barefooted (of course, my friends know that I'll be barefooted outside until it just becomes far too cold). So you can start mixing in some fall touches at your house. As for me, my shells are staying out a while longer. 

Last Week I: 

 Listened To: I finished Rogues by Patrick Radden Keefe Saturday. Such a big fan of his writing. 

Watched: Yep, still football and not much else. 

Read: Where Wild Peaches Grow for the review today and also mixing in It Girl. But I'm in a real reading slump, guys. I just have very little interest in it. 

Made: Absolutely nothing of note. 

Enjoyed:
 My girl was in town this weekend to go to the wedding reception of her friend, who also happens to be our stylist (and, let's be honest, my friend now, too). The food was amazing, the bride was still glowing, and the bride's mom was so happy to see Hannah again after so many years. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: My sister is in Lincoln, staying the week with my dad, so I'll be spending a lot of time with her (and him!), prepping for his move and a thank you party all those who have helped him this past year and a half. 

Thinking About: Right now it's all about what needs to be done to help my dad be ready for his big move. Trying to focus on how nice the new place will be and how nice it will be for him to not be alone this winter. 

Feeling: So. Much. Better! I'm done with physical therapy and I'm cutting back on pain meds. I'm by no means past this back issue, but I can function with the pain that remains and know that I'm on the road to being pain free. 

Looking forward to: Book club tomorrow night. 

Question of the week: If you could pick one thing to have in your room that was in your childhood home, what would it be? 

3 comments:

  1. What a fun question! I would take all the letters from friends I’d saved over the years. Handwritten letters are a treasure I can’t reproduce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're seeing your family, and glad that your dad won't be alone this winter! I'd love to see my relatives who live in Ohio, haven't seen them since the end of '19. But my oldest son and his family live next door, I live with my youngest son, and my daughter and her family live about 20 min. away.

    Glad your feeling better!

    I wish I still had all my Barbie's & accessories and records/albums. I gave them to a few friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your dad loves the new move and the company.

    ReplyDelete