Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Life: It Goes On - April 11

Happy Tuesday! Goodness, Sunday got away from me...and then Monday did, too! We had a lovely Easter, filled with a smaller amount of family than we're used to having but with friends, a fancy table setting, and lots of traditional holiday fare. It was so nice that we had our dessert on the patio, where we spent a couple of hours in the sun. 

We don't have the flowers on this tree yet; but I noticed today, as I sat working from home, looking out into the tree, that it has budded out and will soon have leaves. Spring is finally here! I'm ready to decorate the patio/yard; but we are going to have to make some decisions about what we want to keep, having scavenged now more than will realistically fit. I need Mini-him to get a house soon so I can pass things along to him!

Last Week I: 

Listened To: Edna O'Brien's The Little Red Chairs. Yikes! There's some incredibly brutal things in this one! 

Watched: The Home Edit, Grace and Frankie, and we (finally!) got back to Ted Lasso

Read: Paul Gallico's Mrs. Harris Goes To Paris and Victor LaValle's Lone Women (which has me on the edge of my seat and I'm only a quarter of the way through it!). 

Made: Cheesy hashbrowns, deviled eggs (can we just talk about how easy these are when you hardboil your eggs in the Instant Pot - they turn out perfectly every time!), layered salad, and mimosas for Easter. But we took not one single picture of the food, the table or the people. We were just too busy enjoying each other's company!

Enjoyed: Good news today from my dad's oncologist. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: Finishing taxes for three households. Then I'll be splitting my time between working outside and in the basement. We've taken one vehicle load out of the basement to the Goodwill and my goal is to have another full load in the next couple of weeks. 

Thinking About: Alaska. We have our TSA prechecks approved and things we'll need for the trip are starting to arrive. 

Feeling: Busy. Even when there's no scheduled events on the calendar, it still fills like there's not much spare time. 

Looking forward to: A trip (finally!) south with one of my Tier Ones to visit another Tier One. 

Question of the week: If you celebrated a holiday this past weekend, which did you celebrate and what are some of your favorite traditions related to it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment