Sunday, April 2, 2023

Life: It Goes On - April 2

Happy Sunday! It's an absolutely beautiful day here - the sun is shining, the wind has finally (after three days) died down, and it was up into the 70's earlier. The Big Guy and I uncovered the patio furniture so that we could soak up some sun and warmth. Certainly made me want to start getting everything set up, but I'm afraid we're a couple of weeks from doing that just yet. 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: I'm finishing Jennifer Chiaverini's Enchantress of Numbers today. 

Watched: Not much, other than college basketball this weekend. 

Read: Even less, I'm sorry to say. 

Made: Pioneer Woman's garlic Parmesan french fries with garlic aioli. So yummy but thought maybe a bit too garlicky. 

Enjoyed:
 A visit from my brother and sister-in-law. They were in Nebraska to help clear out her mother's house and had just enough room left in their vehicle to take home a couple of pieces from my parents' house that I was storing in case someone decided they wanted them. We took my dad to one of his long-ago favorite places, El' Bee's, to eat on Wednesday and he declared it the best meal he's ever eaten. I don't know that my meal lived up to that but it was delicious - exactly what I wanted. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: On continuing the work in the basement for 40 Bags in 40 Days. I've been hard at is this weekend; starting with the kids' keepsakes. After clearing things with them, I've taken a lot of pictures and bagged a lot of things up. I've been ruthless with the things that I've been saving for "some day." I'd love to spend more time down there; but, I'm stirring up a lot of dust and my allergies aren't happy about it. So I'll just plug away at it a bit each day. 

Thinking About: The upcoming Easter dinner. There will only be four of us so I don't know that we need to have the full array of usual dishes. But what on earth would we give up? Certainly not the cheesy hashbrowns or the pies! 

Feeling: Bleh. I've been battling a headache for three days (I went to bed at eight on Friday and got up at seven the next morning!). It seems to be sinus related but I'm also taking myself off 24/7 pain meds that I've been taking since my back started hurting so it may have something to do with that. 

Looking forward to: Does it sound weird to say that I'm looking forward to my TSA precheck appointment on Friday? I am - it's another step toward our trip to Alaska! 

Question of the week: Will you be watching the college men's championship basketball game tomorrow night? 

No comments:

Post a Comment