Monday, April 24, 2023

Life: It Goes On - April 24

Happy Monday! Today was warm and sunny and I worked from home. Made a Monday after a wonderful weekend a little bit easier. This was my Tier One trip; it was such good therapy and my Omaha friend and I can't wait to go back again. 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: I finished Kelly Rimmer's The German Wife today and will start Taylor Jenkins Reid's The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo tomorrow.  

Watched: The Home Edit, which is a very dangerous show for me to watch. I know want to take a couple of weeks off of work, spend all of my money on containers and hangers and completely reorganize every room in my house.

Read: Catherine Schine's Kunstlers In Paradise, which is way overdue at the library but isn't going back until I finish it tomorrow. 

Made: Nothing? I'm pretty sure The Big Guy cooked all of the meals I was home to eat. 

Enjoyed:
 We arrived in CoMo in time for drinks and dinner Friday evening and didn't leave until after lunch yesterday. We ate, we drank, we shopped, we laughed and we talked and talked and talked. We went to places I'd never been in all of the years I've been going to CoMo and I was able to introduce my friend to a place she hadn't discovered yet. My friend's husband spent so much time with us, too - we've missed him almost as much as her. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: When I left work on Friday, I forgot my bullet journal on my desk and I am lost without it. I have no idea what's on the calendar for this week. 

Thinking About: May. Surely the weather will be nicer in another week, right? I am so ready to get planting and bring out all of my outdoor goodies. 

Feeling: Tired, relaxed, sad that the weekend is past me. 

Looking forward to: Not only am I not able to plan for the week without my journal, I don't even know what to look forward to this week! 

Question of the week: I have not spent a weekend with just the girls in forty years. Why not? Do you ever do girls' weekends? If so, what do you and your friends like to do on your weekends? 

2 comments:

  1. I checked your three books out on Amazon and they look good. Sounds like you had a great time with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll look forward to your thoughts on Kunstlers In Paradise. I've read two or three of her older novels and they've all been hits for me!

    ReplyDelete