Sunday, April 30, 2023

Life: It Goes On - April 30

Happy Sunday! It's sunny here but windy and not all that warm; not nearly as nice as it was yesterday. The flowering plants are largely all flowering here and it's beautiful to drive down the streets and see all of the color. I'm planning to go plant shopping in a bit but I'm certainly not going to be planting them today. On the plus side, it's not snowing here, as it is at my sister's house!

Last Week I: 

Listened To: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid. Next up is Gabriela Garcia's Of Women and Salt, which is my book club's May selection. 

Watched: More Ted Lasso, more Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and some NFL draft. 

Read: Now Is Not The Time To Panic by Kevin Wilson. I really enjoyed his previous novel, Nothing To See Here

Made: Cinnamon rolls this morning and a quick bolognese, inspired by the delicious bolognese sauce my friend made last weekend. My quicky version certainly didn't live up to her all-day version but it wasn't bad for something that could be made in a half hour. 

The Boiler Room - Omaha

Enjoyed:
 My dad insisted on treating The Big Guy and me to a really nice dinner as a thank you. BG and I enjoyed a charcuterie board that had some really unique meats on it, including a pork and parsley terrine that I might not have been brave enough to try if the server had explained it to us (because we are definitely not that fancy as a general rule!). Everything was delicious, the atmosphere of the place is so cool, and our service was amazing. And now I owe a huge thank you to my daddy!

This Week I’m:  

Planning: I ended up spending quite a bit of time reorganizing (and decluttering) my office this week and I think I'll continue with that this week. I'm really feeling the need to shed "stuff" right now so I've been pretty ruthless and it feels so good!

Thinking About: What still needs to be done before we head to Alaska - what needs to be purchased, what I'm going to take, what needs to get done at work before I'm gone for six days. That last piece might be the piece that's giving me the most stress! 

Feeling: Relaxed (well, as relaxed as I ever get when I'm at home and thinking of all of the things that need to be done). A week with nothing on the calendar was just what I needed and I'm looking forward to another week just like that. 

Looking forward to: Think I just answered that. 

Question of the week: When you go out to eat, are you more likely to order something you're familiar with or do you take chances? 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed Now is Not the Time to Panic, but not like I loved Nothing to See Here. Will look forward to your thoughts. That dinner looks amazing.... such a beautiful spot! Have a good week, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete