Sunday, August 18, 2024

Life: It Goes On - August 18

Happy Sunday! I hope you all had a lovely weekend! We certainly did. Got up early yesterday and drove, with Mini-him and Miss C, north to visit her parents. They have such a beautiful home in a wooded area overlooking Lewis and Clark Lake. We attended River Boat Days, visited a good local brewery, took a sunset-into-night boat ride, and went out for breakfast on the lake this morning. We very much like Miss C's parents and talked and laughed a lot and made plans for another visit. Our boys have both hit the jackpot with in-laws (or, as this case may be, future in-laws). 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: I finished The Villa by Rachel Hawkins then took a break from books and listened to an episode of Kelly Corrigan's podcast, Kelly Corrigan Wonders, and a lot of music. 


Watched: The closing ceremony of the Paris Olympics which I thought was kind of a bore, some preseason NFL football, and the first two episodes of season 4 of Emily In Paris (even though I wasn't happy about what happened in episode 1). 


Read: The Art of Home by Shea McGee and Shelterwood by Lisa Wingate. 


Made: Lots of caprese (salad, platter) and a couple of different pasta dishes because it's summer and everything has to have tomatoes involved in some way. 


Enjoyed: More than once this weekend, I looked over and saw this two holding hands. Again and again, I heard them laughing together. My boy is so relaxed and himself around Miss C. It makes this mama's heart so happy to see her kid this happy. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Week I’m:  


Planning: What I didn't enjoy last week was getting water in my basement after we got 7" of rain in 24 hours. I spent a chunk of Wednesday evening and a good part of Thursday dealing with the aftermath of that. Being in the basement that much had me really thinking about what should stay and what needs to go. I have a vehicle load ready to go and this week I'm going to work on getting a second load of stuff out of there. After being in Miss C's one-year-old home this weekend and seeing their basement, I have visions of what ours could be and I'm inspired to make that happen. 


Thinking About: Doing some painting. I just ordered four paint samples. We'll see how long it takes me to get around to using them! 


Feeling: I'm so tired. We did spend a lot of time sitting and relaxing this weekend, but being "on" for 36 hours wears me out, even when I do like the people and I am enjoying myself. 


Looking forward to: Book club Tuesday to discuss The Measure


Question of the week: Are you in camp "let's don't rush summer" or camp "schools in so it must be fall now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment