Sunday, August 25, 2024

Life: It Goes On - August 25

Happy Sunday! School may be back in session but we're getting a 100 degree reminder today that it's still summer. I'll probably spend most of the day inside enjoying the air conditioning...but I'd still rather it be summer than winter!

Last Week I: 

Listened To: We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichi and I started Elon Hilderbrand's The Five-Star Weekend. Up next is Trust by Hernan Diaz. 


Watched: The Democratic National Convention. 


Read: Lisa Wingate's Shelterwood and Shea McGee's The Art of Home


Made: On repeat from past weeks: pasta with olive oil, garden tomatoes & fresh basil; BLTs. This week we used up the rest of the bacon and more tomatoes with wedge salads. 


Enjoyed: I got a promotion at work the beginning of the month so The Big Guy and I finally celebrated last night. Food was so good (always is) and the service was marvelous; but we both ate too much and came home at 9:30 and crashed in front of the television. We're getting so old! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Week I’m:  


Planning: When Mini-him moved, he discovered that he had a sturdy shelving unit that he didn't have room for so I told him I would store it for him as long as I got to use it while it's in my house. Yesterday I put it to use which had me working again in the basement. Took a load of stuff I'd culled last week to donate yesterday and almost have another load ready from what I got through yesterday. I'm inspired to keep working down there this week while it's too hot to spend too long outside. 


Thinking About: When we were at Miss C's parents' home last weekend, I was really envious of their basement (another thing that has me inspired to do the hard work downstairs). This week I've been pondering how to make our basement work in similar ways and what we might do long term. 


Feeling: Somehow I've managed to injure my back on the left side (it's the right side that has plagued me off and on the past couple of years) so I'm frustrated by the limitations that's put on me. 


Looking forward to: A three-day weekend next weekend. 


Question of the week: Do you have a basement? If so, what do you use it for? Family room? Craft room? Man cave? Mostly storage? 


***This week's review theme will be nonfiction.***

No comments:

Post a Comment