Monday, August 5, 2024

Life: It Goes On - August 5

Happy Monday! How are we already almost through the first week of August?! Schools here start in a couple of days (not looking forward to that change in morning traffic) which just seems crazy. 

We've had quite a week here. Huge storm blew through Wednesday evening with sustained wind gusts of 80-100 mph. There is damage all across the Omaha metro area. Many are still without power and it will be weeks before all of the tree damage is handled. Spent Thursday and Friday evenings and The Big Guy spent a good part of Saturday cutting things up and hauling them away. What mess and we were exhausted, but we have it so much better than so many.

Last Week I: 

Listened To: I finished The Paris Architect and I'm about 2/3 of the way through Jennette McCurdy's I'm Glad My Mom Died


Watched: Oh, you know, about 100 hours of the Olympics! 


Read: I'll almost finished with Liane Moriarty's Here One Moment.


Made: BLT sandwiches using the grill when we were without power on Wednesday evening - haven't toasted bread on the grill since my family used to go camping. Also made my first caprese salad of the summer. Harvested a load of tomatoes the past couple of days so there will be more of that coming - I'll happily eat it every day. 


Enjoyed: My brother, sister-in-law, their daughter, son-in-law and grandsons were headed north to the county fair where my SIL grew up and they all stopped and spent the about 24 hours in Omaha. It was nice to have the adults here; but let's be honest - it was all about those little boys! Took them to a cool new park, a place where they could play in the water, and the giant slides in the mall area in downtown Omaha then finished off with great ice cream and pizza. These two had so much fun playing with toys my boys played with when they were about the same ages! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Week I’m:  


Planning: It's going to be another busy week. We'll have my brother and sister-in-law again Wednesday night on their way home, one evening we'll be taking more furniture to Mini-him and Miss C for their new place, one evening I get my hair down and this weekend BG gets to play with his old band. Needless to say, it will be hard to get much else done most nights but I am hoping to finish up Mini-him's dresser this weekend. 


Thinking About: Getting out of town. Somehow the summer has gotten away from us without us getting out of town at all. We're definitely due for a trip to see Miss C, would like to get north to my sister's, and are hoping to get south to my brother's. But I'd also like to find time for at least a long weekend getaway. 


Feeling: Proud of myself - got a nice promotion last week which will probably convince me to work at least a couple more years. 


Looking forward to: Getting my hair down - I love that couple of hours with no responsibility, getting pampered. 


Question of the week: What's one thing you do for self-care? 

No comments:

Post a Comment