Sunday, September 22, 2024

Life: It Goes On - September 22

Happy Sunday! Unlike so many of the Sunday mornings when I'm typing this up, today is overcast following a night of rain and the arrival of a cold front. Yesterday we were in the low 90's. Today the mid 60's and breezy. Probably should get out and get some things done in yard but we have other things on the agenda today. 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: I finished The Once and Future Witches and have nearly finished Griffin Dunne's The Friday Afternoon Club. Really enjoying it...although it has reached a very hard, emotional time in his life. Next up is Rebecca Makkai's I Have Some Questions For You


Watched: I finished the current episodes of Emily In Paris, watched a lot of HGTV and Magnolia Network, A Tourist's Guide To Love on Netflix (keep trying to find new rom-coms that measure up the ones I love, and, of course, football, and volleyball.


Read: I finished Timothy Schaffer's latest, The Titanic Survivors' Book Club and am now reading Ann Napolitano's Hello Beautiful and Jodi Picoult's latest, By Any Other Name


Made: I also watched some cooking shows this morning, leading me to make some tomato/basil soup, with fresh-picked tomatoes and basil, which we'll have for supper tonight. I'm also reviving my sourdough starter for bread in a couple of days and I ordered ingredients to make my take on Molly Yeh's beans and greens. Clearly my brain is making the switch to fall, even if my heart doesn't want summer to be over. 


Enjoyed: The Big Guy was out of town for several days this week - is it wrong to say that I enjoyed the peace and quiet of having the house to myself? I got to watch what I wanted, eat what I wanted (ok, that meant fast food a couple of times), and sleep in the middle of the bed. 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Week I’m:  


Planning: Work will continue on clearing out the basement and my office. My goal is at least one box every week out of the house. 


Thinking About: How to get BG to make good on his promise to sort through his things and start getting rid of things. Any hints? 


Feeling: I started taking magnesium this week because I heard that it can help with sleeping. Didn't see much help the first couple of nights but I slept much better last night. Fingers crossed that this is the beginning of restful nights. 


Looking forward to: Meeting a former coworker for happy hour on Tuesday. Then we're headed to Lincoln Friday to see Dear Evan Hansen. I know the music, we've seen the movie, but we've never seen it in the theater. 


Question of the week: We're headed off shortly to a political fundraiser. This introvert is not really looking forward to it. If you're an introvert, what do you do to help yourself handle these situations better? 


***This week's books for review are both written by Nebraska (Omaha, actually) authors.***

No comments:

Post a Comment