Sunday, September 29, 2024

Life: It Goes On - September 29

Happy Sunday! Holy cow, where did September go? September is one of my favorite months - it's still warm, but cool nights have arrived; football and volleyball are back; flowers are still blooming but you can start mixing in mums; tomatoes are still being harvested. Even though we have a lot to look forward to in October, I'm sorry to see September go. 

And now time for me to go get all of the pumpkins. Slowly I've started to remove the signs of summer and replace them with fall around the house - acorns instead of seashells, more muted colors instead of crisp whites and bright blues, pumpkins instead of fresh cut flowers. Although I did cut off past-their-prime zinnias today, but loved their muted colors so much that I've now got a bowl of dried zinnia heads on my dining room table. I'm taking a cue from Myquillin Smith (the Cozy Minimalist) and using what I have to decorate for the season. 

Last Week I: 


Listened To: Rebecca Makkai's I Have Some Questions For You, which I'll finish either today or on my drive to work tomorrow. 


Watched: Football and volleyball, of course. And I finished the last of the latest season of Emily In Paris. It's so funny to me that I like that show so much, but would never read a book that had the same exact storyline. 


Read: I finished Ann Napolitano's Hello Beautiful. Today I'll start Erik Larson's The Demon of Unrest and continue with Jodi Picoult's By Any Other Name


Made: I loaf of sourdough bread, which turned out beautifully and tasted great but didn't rise enough. So today I've got another loaf rising. Fingers crossed! 

Enjoyed: Thursday I had dinner with a former coworker and her six-month-old. Friday night we saw Dear Evan Hansen, which we both really liked, followed by a visit with The Big Guy's brother and his wife. Then last night we enjoyed a perfect evening on the patio, with a fire and s'mores. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Week I’m:  


Planning: On finally finishing Mini-him's dresser, continuing to work on the basement and my office, and, hopefully, getting BG to help clean out the garage (another of his favorite hoarding places). 


Thinking About: Whether or not I want to winter the two Boston ferns on my front porch. They are still so healthy and lovely. But they are so messy in the house! 


Feeling: Tired. It's time for a new mattress. 


Looking forward to: A quiet week? I make that a question because I have yet to turn the page in my planner. 


Question of the week: Pumpkins - how many do you buy each fall? 

No comments:

Post a Comment