Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday Salon - March 17



Happy St. Patrick's Day! Are you celebrating today? The Big Guy has some Irish ancestry so we usually try to do something to observe that heritage on this day but we steer clear of bars most years. I'm planning on making Irish soda bread, we'll probably tip back a Guinness, but no corned beef and cabbage for us.

Here's What I'm:

Listening To: I've been going old school this week, listening to Tony Bennett, Andy Williams, and I'm continuing to love the Nat King Cole station on Pandora.


Watching: Friday night I watched "Valmont" starring Colin Firth then "Cruel Intentions" starring Ryan Phillipe and Reese Witherspoon. Both are based on Les Liaisons Dangereuses (1782) by Choderlos de Laclos. It was interesting to watch the more faithful adaptation immediately followed by the modern take on the story.


Reading: Reading's been tough the past few weeks. I'm almost finished with The Enchantress of Florence on audio and this week I'm reading Enchantments by Kathryn Harris for a TLC Book Tour. Hoping to get back into the swing of reading this week.

Making: Not a thing this past week but today I'm cooking some chicken thighs so I can cook for the week and then I'll start some steel cut oats.

Planning: A massive purge at my house. After being stunned by the amount of paper, photos, and "stuff" in my mother-in-law's apartment, I'm hell bent to further reduce the amount of stuff we have in our house and get it organized.

Grateful: To have such wonderful friends and family who have been a great support during these past few weeks.

Loving: All of the time I've spent this week going through old pictures.

Thinking: You never know people as well as you think you do and stressful situations bring out the best in some people and the worst in others.

Looking forward to: A normal week, getting my house back in order, and spring which is really and truly almost here.

11 comments:

  1. I love watching (and/or reading) different adaptations of a story concurrently. Very fun and always revealing of some aspects of the story that never otherwise would have occurred to me.

    What a nice gesture by you to put that thank you in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those movies look great! I can't wait to download on netflix. I love the watching, reading, etc. format and might have to be "inspired" by it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs, it's times like these when we remember what's really important... family.

    I just read a book on organizing and decluttering :). Bill leaves today, I'm heading to Target & Home Depot to pick up a few things to help organize my closet - funny that I think it's unorganized and my friends always comment about the order. HA

    Enjoy your day Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an insightful post, having recently redecorated I'm also going through the process of a 'spring clean' - spring seem so far away given that its snowing here in the north east of England.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having to go through mounds of stuff is no fun, but it's something I enjoy when it's my decision to do it. Good luck with the purging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, to the purging. I'm trying to gear up to get this done before the summer hits! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Sarah Michelle Gellar in that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you, Lisa. I know what you mean about trying to get rid of stuff so it doesn't accumulate. Likewise, essential paperwork needs to be tackled and as I'm the one who sorts it out my weekend has been busy doing that. There's a sense of achievement when it's done! I've managed to read and enjoy some novels lately
    and travel books when I'm not in the mood for anything intense. Take care, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry for your loss, Lisa. Going through another person's things does make one stop and consider what they want to keep themselves. Have a good week getting back in the groove!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like you had a relaxing time of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Purging sounds wonderful. I hope to get a lot of that done when we have spring break in two weeks. I also hope the weather warms up too!!!

    Thinking of you and your family!

    ReplyDelete