Friday, March 29, 2013

Fairy Tale Fridays - A Challenge


ONCE UPON A TIME VII 

"Thursday, March 21st begins the seventh annual Once Upon a Time Challenge. This is a reading and viewing event that encompasses four broad categories: Fairy Tale, Folklore, Fantasy and Mythology, including the seemingly countless sub-genres and blending of genres that fall within this spectrum. The challenge continues through Friday, June 21st and allows for very minor (1 book only) participation as well as more immersion depending on your reading/viewing whims."

Carl, of Stainless Steel Droppings, is once again hosting the Once Upon A Time challenge. Last spring I joined the fun, thinking this would be a cake walk for someone with an interest in fairy tales and mythology. Dang, people, I struggled to add that reading to the reading commitments I'd already made. But this year, by golly, I'm going to make it. Carl prefers not to think of this as a challenge, and I'm all for that (you know how I struggle with challenge!); instead, he prefers to think of the levels as Quests. This year, I'm planning on doing the Short Story Quest and Quest on Screen. I think this is just the thing to help me get my reading mojo back!

Won't you consider joining in the fun?



4 comments:

  1. I might just join you. I will have to take a look and see how much reading is involved...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined in on the fun! I'll be watching The Hobbit and reading some fantasy books. I've never joined before, but felt that this would be a good year to do so. I'm glad you are going to be participating as well ;) I can't wait to find out what you watch and read for this Quest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I can, I am going to join this challenge. I am listening to Song of Achilles right now, and I think that qualifies me!!

    ReplyDelete