Sunday, April 20, 2014

Life: It Goes On - April 20

Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate it! We'll have a family brunch with the kids then dinner with my parents, my sister's family and her in-laws at her house. Sadly we've outgrown Easter egg hunts at our house but we're never giving up on Easter baskets!

Do you ever feel like you're spinning your wheels around the house? I spent my half day doing laundry and cleaning floors and yesterday it all had to be done again. No wonder we like to escape into books and forget about dirty bathrooms, dusting and ironing for a few hours!


Here's What I'm:

Listening To: I started Nora Ephron's I Feel Bad About My Neck on Friday. It's only three discs so I'll finish that this week. Ephron narrates which I'm loving. I'm so sad that she's gone - what a funny lady!

Watching: Yesterday I watched "Two Weeks Notice" with Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant for the, maybe, hundredth time? Clearly I love this movie but part of the attraction is that it always reminds me of the times Mini-him and I used to have movie nights when The Big Guy was out of town and the other two kids had gone to bed. We had so much fun together and forged a bond I cherish.

Reading: I started Mona Simpson's Casebook yesterday for a TLC Book Tours Review this week.

Making: I made a batch of cinnamon roll monkey bread this week with homemade bread dough. For today I'm taking rolls and caramelized carrots - I definitely got the easy contributions to this meal! Friday BG made pizza with asparagus; surprisingly yummy!

Planning: On working on some landscaping projects around the yard, prepping the gardens, and, sadly, cutting down a small tree which didn't survive the brutal winter.

Grateful for: The ladies in my book club who are both friends and therapists!

Loving: The forecast for the coming week; we may finally be past the freezing cold temperatures which means that flower shopping may be in my near future.

Feeling: Sore. I can't believe how much ground I lost when I couldn't work out while I was sick.

Thinking: My friend, Cheryl, and I may be banned from going to the theater together. We are always certain to be the loudest laughers in the audience.

Looking forward to: Dinners on the patio this week!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Easter, Lisa. Hope you have a lovely day with family and you're feeling 100% well very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter Lisa! I can't believe that you guys have outgrown Easter Egg Hunts...solely because my family of now mostly 30 year olds (and the two kids) have not. It's a full contact sport for us. ;) I hope you have a lovely Easter celebration regardless.

    Flowers!! What will you plant in your garden? And I know what you mean about missing the workouts--I'll bet you'll find that you are able to catch back up to where you were more quickly than you think, though. Glad you're feeling better!!

    Have a beautiful day, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I am spinning a lot these days. We have had my daughter's friend over for Easter for the past four years but the holiday came up fast and then we had the all-day track meet on Saturday so we came back to a disaster of a house. I put the girls in one room and my husband and I literally cleaned as they moved from room to room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read any Ephron though I have a few floating around here including I Feel Bad About My Neck. I will have to give a try! Sorry about the tree. We lost a few things and it's just heartbreaking. Glad to hear you're getting out of the cold. I'm planting tomatoes today and can't wait to get started! Cinnamon Roll monkey bread sounds amazing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. spinning wheels! losing traction, I know exactly what you mean

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a nice Easter planned. I hope it was a wonderful day for you all! We had a good Easter, even with my daughter coming down with a fever. It was just the three of us for the holiday. We went out for brunch and watched the movie Rio in the afternoon.

    I really want to start a weekend movie night (or day in our case) tradition, but getting my daughter to agree to watch a movie can be such a battle. She never wants to watch a movie, when asked. If we do want to watch a movie as a family, we first have to endure the crying and yelling, that no, she doesn't want to watch a movie before she finally settles in and watches it some 10 -15 minutes into the movie. Yesterday was no different with Rio. She even made up a little song we heard her singing from the next room right after the movie began. Something about how Daddy and Mommy were watching a movie called Rio and she didn't want to watch. The next thing we knew, she was standing next to my husband, watching the movie. LOL She loves television, by the way. She has her favorite shows and could probably watch television for hours if we let her. Anyway, I've tried all sorts of "tricks" to get her in the mood for whatever movie we want to watch (always a children's movie) from reading a book based on the movie, watching trailers, promising popcorn, not telling her we're starting the movie, trying to let her chose the movie choice for the evening, and anything else imaginable. Okay . . . So, I totally went off on a tangent. LOL Sorry.

    Have a great week, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you've made me craving Two Weeks Notice. Let me go see if I can watch that tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you had a nice Easter. With the kids in college, I sent Easter boxes this year.

    I've never seen Two Weeks Notice, but it looks so cute I really should. I'm a fan of both stars, actually.

    I'm currently getting two new flower beds installed and I can't wait for flower shopping myself, though our last average freeze is as late as May 15.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! Hope you were able to spend a few minutes gardening today for Earth Day? I managed to do a few yard chores - the sunshine was awesome. I so love Spring.

    ReplyDelete