Monday, July 20, 2015

High Summer Readathon - July 20-26


It's time again for Michelle's (True Book Addict) annual High Summer Read-a-Thon and I am so ready for the excuse to curl up and do some extra reading this week! No rules to this one, which I love; just a week to try to find as much time as you can for reading. My summer's been fairly busy and I'm sure there are things I should be doing instead (I know there are things I should be doing instead!), but sometimes you just need to take time for yourself.

My rather casual goals for the week are:

The Marriage of Opposites by Alice Hoffman













Circling The Sun by Paula McLain













Reading Lolita In Tehran by Azar Nafisi

I'm guessing that will more than do it for one week! If, by some extraordinary chance, there is time for yet more reading, then I'll move on to Natchez Burning by Greg Iles.


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I love your book choices. I've heard so many great things about the Hoffman book. I have the McLain book on my shelf waiting to be read. And I've still got to read Nafisi. I bought that book when it came out, but never got around to it - maybe its time. Enjoy the Read-a-thon and your books!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once again I misjudged when I needed to read a book I'd downloaded from Netgalley and lost the Hoffman book before I'd even read a page!

      Delete
  2. Big Little Lies is for a book club? cool. Should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're joining me, Lisa! I do hope you're enjoying the read-a-thon so far. I've been busy with the last days of an out of town guest visiting so I'm really behind on visiting blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I would have had time to read more - once again, life got in the way. And I am I the worst at checking in after the initial post, or what?!

      Delete