Sunday, September 6, 2015

Life: It Goes On - September 6

Hey, guess what! I don't have a sectional stacked in my living room any more! We played sofa swap this week and every sofa in my house found a new home - the living room sofa's in my bedroom now, the family room sofa's in the living room, and Mini-him's sectional is in my family room. Of course, not one of those changes could happen without other furniture having to find a new home. Today we'll finally swap out the televisions and entertainment centers and we're done...until Miss H moves home in November. Or Mini-him moves back out. Whichever comes first. This is my life now.

This Week I'm:

Listening To: I broke up my audiobook listening this week with some podcasts. I'll finish On Beauty this week and probably spend the rest of the week listening to podcasts before I start a new book. I added Book Riot's "All The Books!" to my podcast listening along with "Best of the Left," Cheryl Strayed's "Dear Sugar," NPR's "StoryCorps" and "Invisibilia," "The Moth," and How Stuff Works' "Stuff You Missed In History Class." I'm loving listening to podcasts while I work out.
Showing our loyalties

Watching: Old movies: "How To Marry A Millionaire" with Lauren Bacall, Betty Grable and Marilyn Monroe and "Funny Face" with Fred Astaire and Audrey Hepburn. And, of course, football! My beloved Huskers lost a heartbreaker yesterday but I'm a happy girl with college football back.

Reading: I finished and reviewed Accidents of Marriage this week and just this morning finished Stewart O'Nan's Last Night at the Lobster to kick off my Fall Feasting reading. Today I'll start Julia Heaberlin's Black-Eyed Susans which, as it happens, will work for R.I.P. X.
Making: Working like crazy to keep up with the tomato and banana pepper harvest so I've made a couple of batches of caprese salad, salsa, and we've had every kind of meal we could throw tomatoes on this week.

Planning: On making something with rhubarb this week. Pie?

Grateful for: Parents who taught me to love garden fresh produce, how to make use of it, and how to grow it. There is almost nothing I like to eat more than ripe tomato straight off the vine.

Enjoying: An art walk on Friday night with Mini-me and his girl and dinner at a taco truck. We saw some really interesting stuff and some really "starving artist" stuff. It's always interesting to check out art with someone who really knows something about it. Also got to watch our great-nephew play football the other day as he starts his high school sports career.


Feeling: Happy to have a three-day weekend. We're finding a perfect mix of productivity, fun, and relaxing.

Looking forward to: The return of Benedict Cumberbatch and "Sherlock" on PBS tonight and "Longmire" on Netflix later this week.


5 comments:

  1. I love Fred Astaire! I have How to Marry a Millionaire recorded but have yet to watch it. I watched it ages ago but remember very little about it. I'm looking forward to a classic movie night sometime soon. We're very happy that college football season has started! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That football game! I was absolutely stunned into silence by that Hail Mary pass. My Badgers have lost nail biters like that at the very last second. It is devastating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing at your sofa sway because we have been playing musical sofas around here, too! When Twin A moved from an apartment to the dorms for her final semester, we ended up sending her sofa to Pittsburg with my nephew (who was moving out of a dorm and into an apartment). Now there is still one "extra" sofa in the playroom... waiting for Daughter #1 to reclaim it. I'm wondering if this will ever end, lol! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those old movies. I don't watch them as often as I used to. Last Night at the Lobster is a book I want to read someday. I look forward to reading your thoughts on it.

    We had a nice quiet weekend with just enough busy to make it fun and not overwhelming. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am seriously in the mood for some old films. Marilyn Monroe... hmmm, Some Like it Hot! My kids love that one.

    ReplyDelete