Sunday, May 1, 2022

Life: It Goes On - May 1

Happy Sunday! Oh my gosh, can you believe it's May already?! For so many years of my life, today has been about creating and delivering May baskets. Although it's been many years since I've done that, it still seems odd not to do them. After a stormy Friday and cold windy Saturday, we finally had a day that was sunny enough to be warm enough to sit outside this afternoon and to eat dinner on the patio. Then eating on the patio made me decide that it was time to get the furniture set up for enjoying the patio even more. 

Last Week I: 

 Listened To: Music Is History by Questlove (of The Roots). My loan is going to expire this evening with me only half way through the book. To be honest, I will probably not place another hold on it to finish it. It's interesting enough (Questlove certainly knows his music!) but it's a tough one to listen to, even though he reads it. In my opinion, this one would be better "read" in print than audio, where you could read a chapter at a time and absorb that chapter before you moved on. 
My dad and The Big Guy 
soaking up some rays today

Watched: The NFL draft. 

Read: The Tilted World by spouses Tom Franklin and Beth Ann Fennelly for book club and The School for Good Mothers by Jessamine Chan. 

Made: I've barely cooked all week. I made broccoli cheese soup last Sunday that we ate two days and I grilled burgers that we ate for two meals but that's the extent of my actual cooking. I bought a roasted chicken at Costco on Thursday and that made three meals and we ate out. One day I'll cook again but with summer coming, it might not be for a while yet!

Enjoyed: We went out to dinner last night with my Tier Ones and their spouses (who we love equally!) then to our house for dessert and drinks afterward. We can, and do, talk for hours every time we get together. Love this group - I am so comfortable with them. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: On going to the nurseries for this season's gardens. I usually have things planted by now, especially in my pots; but it's been so cold this year. I definitely want to get shopping before Mother's Day so I have a better pick of flowers. 

Thinking About: My health. When my sciatic pain flared up a couple of months ago, I assumed it would gradually get better. It hasn't. In a way, that's a good thing. It has forced me to finally find a doctor. I'm happy to say that I really liked the doctor I chose and he is being really proactive. I finally feel like a real grown up! 

Feeling: Blue. I mentioned another time that one of my Tier One friends is moving. We've talked about it a lot, I've been to her house and seen how much she was purging and giving away. I've been lucky enough to have been bequeathed a number of vintage table linens and a number of other things that she was getting rid of and wanted to go to a home where she'd know they were appreciated. But it wasn't until I walked into her house today and saw it without most of the things that made it their house, that it really hit me that she'll be gone in a few weeks. 

Looking forward to: My golly, I haven't even turned the calendar page yet today to see what's on the agenda this week!

Question of the week: It's about grilling season. What's your favorite thing to grill?

No comments:

Post a Comment