Sunday, May 29, 2022

Life: It Goes On - May 29

Happy Sunday! It's the unofficial start of summer this weekend but it feels like we never even got a spring. 

Still, we were able to entertain on the patio last night and it was so fun to have everything finally put in place and to be able to enjoy my happy place. Of course, there are still things I want to get done out there - is there ever an end of projects to be done? 

Last Week I: 

 Listened To: Emily Henry's People We Meet On Vacation, which is a nice light listen but I'm regretting choosing it for my book club's August read. I don't think there's enough here to hold a discussion. May need to make a quick change. 

Watched: For the past couple of years, my family has been discussing Yellowstone and encouraging us to watch it. We never have because I knew we should start back at the beginning and that requires a commitment. Or, as it turns out, Paramount to run a Yellowstone marathon this weekend. We haven't perched ourselves in front of the television all weekend but we're catching enough to get to know the characters, the relationships, and the conflicts. I'm sure we'll be among those watching when season 5 starts soon. 

Read: Finally got to Emily St. John Mandel's latest, Sea of Tranquility. If you're a fan of her work, you're going to enjoy this one. There are a lot of ties to things in previous books but you don't need to have read those books. I'm always impressed with her storylines and this one was full of surprises. 

Made: S'mores last night. Ok, I didn't actually make them; everyone made their own. But we were finally able to sit outside and make them. 

Enjoyed: We had dinner with three other couples on Friday night at one of their homes and it was just perfect. All of my Tier Ones and their hubbies, who I adore; yummy food; boozy shakes; and so many laughs!

This Week I’m:  

Planning: A trip to Dallas. 

Thinking About: Have you noticed lately that my posts have some thing in common every week? I didn't plan that initially but now I'm looking for ways to do that each week. I'm stretching it this week - both books have a bird in the title. 

Feeling: So much better. My doctor finally put me on the right meds to ease my pain. Now I can start doing some exercises to try to heal. And just get the everyday tasks accomplished that have been ignored for too long. 

Looking forward to: Seeing my brother and sister-in-law this evening. There will be another fire and more s'mores!

Question of the week: Are you lucky enough to have a three-day weekend? If so, what are you doing with your extra day? 

1 comment:

  1. I love getting together with friends and family! It's starting to get really hot here so if we do an outdoor thing it will have to be either early or late. Glad you finally got some meds that are helping your pain! I hope you have a great time in Dallas! I had to work all weekend but have this Thursday and Friday off.

    ReplyDelete