Sunday, May 8, 2022

Life: It Goes On - May 8

Happy Sunday and Happy Mother's Day! This morning is overcast and we're expecting more rain but the sun is supposed to come out later. It's sort of how our past week has gone - a fair amount of rain and grey with just enough rain to make this girl happy. Things are green, I've been able to get out and get most of my pots planted and vegetables and more herbs will go into the garden later. The patio is almost ready and you know I can't wait for the perfect evening to pull out the cushions, plug in the lights, and enjoy all of it. 

Last Week I: 

 Listened To: Bloomsbury Girls by Natalie Jenner, which I'll be reviewing tomorrow. Loving the reading of this one!

Watched: The Big Guy called the cable company to lower our bill this week and ended up adding HBO. We've been watching a ridiculous amount of television, consequently, a habit we'll need to break. Friday night we caught Al Pacino and Annette Bening in a movie we'd never heard of but thoroughly enjoyed, Danny Collins

Read:
 I'm still working on The School For Good Mothers; not really sure why I'm having such a hard time making myself sit down and read it because it is interesting. 

Made: Guys, I made something this week! Friday night I made lasagna. Well, sort of. Turns out I didn't have enough cheese so I substituted in more cottage cheese (an ingredient my mom's recipe calls for that always surprises people). Thursday BG made "fried" potatoes in the air fryer. While they aren't as good as the ones he makes on the stovetop with a stick of butter, they weren't too bad so we may be able to enjoy fried potatoes again, which is pretty exciting for two people who would eat them once a week. 

Enjoyed: We went into Lincoln yesterday so that BG could help his brother with moving something (his brother and his wife are moving full-time to Lincoln the end of June) then the three of us and BG's sister and brother-in-law went out to dinner to a new-to-us pizza place. We were all really impressed and I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to leftovers today!

This Week I’m:  

Planning: On finishing up the patio and gardens getting somethings put together around here. With my sciatic issue, I've fallen behind on quite a bit but I'm starting to have more good days (and, mercifully, much better nights so I'm sleeping again), so I'm hoping to have the ability to catch up. 

Thinking About:
 
Our moms and missing them both so much today. 

Feeling: Like curling up with a book in a corner of my new sofa, which was delivered Friday, over a month ahead of scheduled delivery. It's a good day to break in a new sofa!

Looking forward to: A couple of trips we have coming up - one to visit BG's brother and sister-in-law one last time before they move from the lovely little town they've been living in for over 20 years and one to Dallas for a wedding. 

Question of the week: How will you be observing today?

No comments:

Post a Comment