Sunday, June 12, 2022

Life: It Goes On - June 12

Happy Sunday! It's been a quiet week at Casa Shep (we don't really call it that; I don't know why I wrote that!). Laundry is caught up, floors are clean, furniture is dusted, book reviews got written. We have had rain, rain and more rain this month and our lawn and plants are looking marvelous but also it's been dry enough most dinner times that we've been able to eat on the patio. You know how much I love being able to do that!

Last Week I: 

Listened To: I started Kindred by Octavia Butler. I'm not enjoying the reader much. I think I would be enjoying this one more in print. 

Watched: Hmm, it's been one of those weeks when The Big Guy has the t.v. on but I'm not actually watching it. I do have Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet on this morning. It's good, but I still prefer the Franco Zefferelli Romeo and Juliet, with the beautiful Olivia Hussey and Leonard Whiting. 

Read: I had to give up on Kate Folk's collection, Out There, because it was too appropriately titled for me. I'm now reading Jennifer McMahon's latest, The Children On The Hill

Made: Salads, so many salads. We needed a week of good eating to make up for last weekend. 

Enjoyed: My sister and her hubby stopped through on their way to her class reunion Thursday, unexpectedly. We had a lovely couple of hours eating pizza and talking on the patio before they got on the road for their final hour of travel. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: We're cat sitting this week (unexpectedly), so my plans for this week have changed as I'll need to either spend time in the basement with my son's cat or supervising the two cats when his cat is out of the basement. Still putting together a game plan of what I can do while doing either of those things. 

Thinking About: The last time my brother was up, they brought up a cup shelf that has been in my family for a long time and I finally got it picked up from my dad's yesterday. Now I'm pondering where to put it - and whether or not I refinish it, paint it, or leave it as is. You'll know me well enough by know to know that last one probably won't be my choice! 

Feeling: A little nervous. We have a new person starting at work tomorrow, who I'll be in charge of and will have to train. She may be less nervous about starting a new job than I am about having to get to know her!

Looking forward to: A trip to see my brother and his family. Let's be honest, I'm most excited to see his grandchildren and to meet my great-nephew who just turned one. 

Question of the week: I like my Sundays to be low-key productive with lots of time for relaxing before the coming week. How about you? Do you try to pack a lot into your entire weekend, make one day more productive and one more relaxing, or have you found the way to take it easy for an entire weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment