Sunday, June 5, 2022

Life: It Goes On - June 5

Happy Sunday! After hardly leaving the house for the past two years, we hopped in the car Thursday for a trip to Dallas for the wedding of the daughter of one of The Big Guy's oldest friends. Home now and exhausted from the two ten hour drives in four days. We packed so much into just a couple of days! 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: I finished People We Meet On Vacation and immediately took it off my book club's reading list. Just not enough to discuss in this one. On the road we listened to a lot of music and a couple of podcasts including an episode of Tooth and Claw, about a moose attack that made me even more grateful that Ms. S survived her recent encounter with a moose. Had I told you about that? 
Watched: When it was time to unwind or to get ready to head out this weekend, I watched several episodes of Gilded Age

Read: Anne Tyler's latest, French Braid, which I'm sorry to say I'm not enjoying all that much. 

Made: In my defense, we haven't been home for more than half the week and were using up things from the refrigerator before we left. So, yeah, nothing again this week. 

Enjoyed: Top row: a morning at the Dallas Museum of Art with our nephew, which included getting to see a collection which is a recreation of a home that originally belonged to Coco Chanel and which still included her furniture. Middle row: the Dallas Arboretum with our nephew and his wife - if you're ever in Dallas, I highly recommend it. Bottom row: lunch at my fave Dallas eatery (so far!), Rodeo Goat, The Big Guy all dolled up for the wedding and having fun at the reception. Not pictured, a trip to historic Grapevine and a tour of our nephew's and his wife's new home. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: It's going to be a busy week at work this week so I anticipate bringing work home most nights which means that not much will get done around her but I do need to get some work done in the yard and gardens. 

Thinking About: Our friends who were meant to also go down to the wedding but couldn't go because she got CoVid. We've been looking forward to this for months and I'm, once again, so annoyed that we are still dealing with this virus. 

Feeling: Shocked by how well my leg/back held up with all of the walking I did this weekend. I think I've finally found the right combination of medication and it allowed me to get some exercise which, in turned, helped the leg feel better. I was even able to wear heels last night!

Looking forward to: Seeing my sister this weekend. 

Question of the week: If you've ever been to, or live in Dallas, what's your favorite thing to do there? 
We both feel like there are still a lot of things we'd like to do and see there and see another trip down in our future. 

1 comment:

  1. I found French Braid a novel about what seems an ordinary family with ordinary problems, nothing very unusual. But I enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete