Sunday, July 10, 2022

Life: It Goes On - July 10

Happy Sunday and happy birthday to my great-nephew, who I used to call The Little Prince except now we have three little princes on my side of the family!

Last night The Big Guy and I did the stupidest thing. Well, maybe not the stupidest thing (I'm sure we've done stupider things - like buying a mauve sofa in 1984); but this was right up there. Mini-him gave us a give us a gift certificate to a nice (read expensive) steakhouse so off we headed to finally use that gift. Sometime after we'd ordered, we realized that neither of us had remembered to bring the gift certificate. Always nice to spend $100 more than you were planning on spending! Where's that slapping hand over face emoji when I need it?! I'd like to say this is the first time we've ever done this but it's not. 

Last Week I: 

 Listened To: The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, which I finished and I got back to Quiet by Susan Cain, which is making me feel much better about my introversion. 

Watched: My doc has me on a higher does of the med for my nerve pain and it's making me so sleepy that every time I sit down to watch tv, I fall asleep! 

Read: Eleanor Brown's latest, Any Other Family. Speaking of reading, I say on CBS Sunday Morning, a piece about Delia Owens, who wrote Where The Crawdads Sing. Did you know she is now 73 and that it took her 10 years to write that book? Maybe there's still time for me to become the writer I dreamed about being for so many years!

Made: Strawberry rhubarb crisp, two kinds of flatbread pizzas, and, of course, salads.

Whiskey and Bone on the left

Enjoyed:
 Last night we went to a grand opening of a salon where they had invited a number of vendors to help them celebrate, including Miss H's roommate who owns the incredible Whiskey and Bone. BG might tell you I have a little problem with spending money with Whiskey and Bone - I now own 17 of her stackers and I'm not even sure how many pairs of earrings. But I would just call it doing my bit to support small business! 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: On finishing a project I started yesterday - spray painting a baker's rack my friend gave me that lives on my patio. So excited to finally be working on "projects" again! 

Thinking About: Tomorrow will the 17 months since my mom died and I have been thinking about her so much lately. She loved the Fourth of July - the breakfast, the fireworks and watching her grandchildren enjoy them, the history, the gatherings. 

Feeling: So much better! I started physical therapy Wednesday and while I'm not yet ready to call my therapist a miracle worker, that might just be what he is. 

Looking forward to: Continuing to see improvement with my back so that I can also look forward to getting another project knocked out next weekend. I have a table that was BG's great-grandmothers that I think won't take too much work (although I can't tell you how often I've thought that before and been so wrong!). 

Question of the week: Ok, this is a weird one. Last night we walked from the celebration to the restaurant (a walk, I might add, I was not planning on making and had not dressed accordingly for, given the heat). By the time we got there, my hair was sopping with sweat and it was rolling down my face. Am I the only one whose head sweats so much more than the rest of my body?! Please tell me I'm not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment