Sunday, July 3, 2022

Life: It Goes On - July 3

Happy Sunday! I hope you all are getting to enjoy a 3-day weekend! What are your plans for the Fourth? We are going to have friends for dinner tonight and then will watch the fireworks display our neighbor puts on every year. It's really impressive. In the morning we'll head into Lincoln to watch my dad give his annual talk at his neighborhood's 47th annual Fourth of July breakfast. This I'm celebrating revolting against tyranny.

Last Week I: 

 Listened To: The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, which has been on my TBR for years. Sadly, I'm not loving it but I'm not yet half way through it so I'll see if it can change my mind. 

Watched: College World Series baseball, some HGTV, and last night, with Miss H, we watched Dear Evan Hansen, which she had not seen yet. 

Read: Eleanor Brown's Any Other Family. The jury's still out on this one, too. It has promise and there's a lot to like about it. 

Made: Um, yeah, not much again. Tonight I'm going to make a strawberry rhubarb crisp and we're going to try making watermelon gin and tonics with rhubarb bitters. 

Enjoyed: The Big Guy's brother and sister-in-law made the move from their home in Iowa to the condominium they've owned in Lincoln for several years so we went in to offer them encouragement and a little help. His kids had come in to help so we were excited to see them and Miss H and Mini-him came with us so it was a big old reunion as the "kids" hadn't seen each other in quite a while. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: Surprise, surprise - we came home from Lincoln yesterday with some new things so I'm planning on a little rearranging around here. Miss H actually grabbed an end table that was destined for the Goodwill because she saw potential in it and has a plan. Which means that we have to store it until she has time to work on it and room for it. But I'm pretty proud that she's inherited my eye for how to remake things into pieces you can use and love. 

Thinking About: Work. More on that next week. 

Feeling: Happy. I got a weekend with my girl, including pedicures, we got to see lots of family, and I got to have dinner with my Tier Ones last week. 

Looking forward to: Starting physical therapy this week. 

Question of the week:

No comments:

Post a Comment