Sunday, July 17, 2022

Life: It Goes On - July 17

Happy Sunday! I'm so slow getting this posted today and I can only beg off with the laziness of a Sunday morning that kept me from getting right to it before we got busy spending time with family. 

I had two more sessions of physical therapy this week. I leave there and head straight to the office...dripping sweat. Scheduling appointments first thing in the morning was not my smartest decision! I'm happy to report that I'm getting a lot of relief from the sessions and home exercises. My goal before I finish going to therapy is to get my therapist to say "butt." Every time I talk about how I'm feeling the most pain in my butt, he says "buttocks." Sir, I'm giving you permission to say "butt!" 

Last Week I: 

Listened To:
 I finished Susan Cain's Quiet and immediately wished I had it in print. And then remembered that I do. I just don't remember which bookshelf it's on because it's not on my nonfiction shelf. Next up I'll be listening to The Girl in His Shadow, by Audrey Blake, which is the Big Library Read. Big Library Read is hosted by Overdrive and says it's the first global ebook club. But then I'm not reading it on an ebook which just goes to prove that my rebel side is still alive (yep, this is how you rebel in your 60's!).

Watched: Parts of the first two seasons of Game of Thrones, which HBO is airing leading up to the premier of the prequel House of the Dragon.

Read: Ancestor Trouble by Maud Newton and Nightcrawling by Leila Mottley, Oprah's latest book club pick. 


Made:
 It's been easy summer fare this week, so, again, lots of salads. Tonight we did a Tex-Mex with roasted corn and I was so happy because I love, love roasted corn which we always make with leftover corn on the cob. I also made blonde brownies for sundaes. I was disappointed in the recipe I found for the brownies - my mom made such good blonde brownies and I can't find her recipe. 

Enjoyed: We did happy hour with a friend Friday evening at a new place. Let's just say it was an experience and will give us a lot to laugh about for some time to come. Including how one of us (hint: it wasn't me or The Big Guy) ordered another round after we thought we were finished which amped up our fun but made all of us totally useless the rest of the evening. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: My dad is coming to town Friday for a couple of appointments so he and I will have the afternoon together and then he will spend the night. So I'll be getting some projects down before he arrives to clean things up around here. 

Thinking About: A possible quick solo road trip to Kansas City for a girl's night with my daughter and her roomie. 

Feeling: I was bequeathed a small tinsel Christmas tree by my sister-in-law today and now I'm feeling like pulling out my Shiny Brite ornaments to see how they are going to look on it. Is it too soon for a Christmas tree or can I just go with the Christmas In July thing? 

Looking forward to: Going to see Where The Crawdads Sing Tuesday with my book club. 

Question of the week: My doctor upped my dose of one of my meds a couple of weeks ago and it's making me so tired. I'm supposed to start getting used to it and then that will go away but it hasn't so far. What are your best tips for overcoming sleepiness during the day? 

1 comment:

  1. I have been giving into sleepiness lately. When I am tired and my body says no more, I give in and take a nice nap. It's been very nice to be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete