Sunday, July 24, 2022

Life: It Goes On - July 24

Happy Sunday! We have just had a wonderful weekend which is ending on a down note. I hope you've had an equally great weekend (and that a cold front has moved in where you live, as it has here, finally providing much needed relief), without the down note to end it. 

Last Week I: 

 Listened To: Still listening to The Girl In His Shadow. I keep thinking how much my mom would like this one - it's really her kind of book. 

Watched: A little of this, a little of that. Nothing too exciting. 

Read: I really thought I would break out of my actually reading slump if I picked up the physical book to read but that doesn't seem to be helping. I'm reading maybe 15 pages a day. I don't know if I just don't have the books that are right for me right now or if I'm needing a break from reading so much right now. 

Made: Hello, my name is Lisa and I made actual food this weekend! We had my dad in Friday and invited some friends to join us for dinner so I made a new recipe, Linguine Carbonara, and homemade ice cream with homemade chocolate syrup. Never mind that I forgot the salad and the watermelon in the fridge. Clearly I need to get back to entertaining more often. 

Enjoyed:
 Time with my dad, time with friends, and a quick trip to Kansas City to spend time with Miss H and her roomie. For those of you who know KC, we ate dinner at Grinders and picked up breakfast from a favorite place, McLain's Market. Plus - Miss H's roomie, who makes jewelry, gave us a private bracelet making class (ok, Miss H already knew how to make them so the class was really just for me) and I made three new bracelets. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: Things are fluid right now. We came home to a sick cat this afternoon and are headed off to the emergency vet as soon as they can get her in. 

Thinking About: My dad and I visited some independent living homes Friday and we're now spending a lot of time thinking about what might work for him and when he might want to make that move. 

Feeling: Sad. It's hard to see my kitty girl sick. She's getting up in years so I'm worried that they may tell me it's time to say goodbye and I'm not ready for that. The emergency vet can fit her in shortly so I'm hopeful that she will just need some iv fluids and some meds. 

Looking forward to: Hard to say at the moment. 

Question of the week: My back was terrible on Tuesday so I missed going with my book club to see Where The Crawdads Sing. They enjoyed it. Have you seen it? If so, what did you think?

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, hope you senior kitty girl will be okay. It's so hard to see our love humans or pets sick, Wheneven I feel a reading slump, sometimes a good NF or memoir is just the ticket. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your kitty is ok! I loved the Crawdads book. I was going to go see the movie with my daughter on the 15th, the first day of it being in our area, but I had to work that day and every day since. I won't be off until the 29th so if she's available we'll go then. I hope your back is better!

    ReplyDelete