Sunday, August 19, 2018

Life: It Goes On - August 19

I spent all of the beautiful day that was yesterday cleaning for company that was coming late yesterday afternoon. I had planned on doing some projects that needed to be done outside this weekend but today, of course, it's raining. Not that there aren't plenty of things that can be done around here - think I'm headed up to work on my office and to finish listening to Neverhome.

Last Week I:

Listened To: 
I hadn't realized when I checked out the audiobook that the loan was only for a week, which I will have no time finishing, but that is going to make longer books tough to get through. Not only that, but two books I put on hold both came in the day after I check out Neverhome. Looks like I'll be listening to a lot of books in the next week!

Watched: Mudbound, based on the book by the same name, which I've been meaning to read for a long time. But, damn, it's so, so hard to watch! I'm not sure I can read the book not that I've seen the movie.

Read: I started Jojo Moyes' Still Me and so far I'm enjoying it but with so much time spent listening to a book, I haven't had a lot of time to actually read one.

Made: Miss H's favorite goulash, caprese pasta, and The Big Guy made baked beans with rhubarb. That doesn't sound any where near as good as it tasted!

Enjoyed: An evening with old friends. She is the one who introduced me to BG; BG and her husband  have been great friends for more than 40 years. We started the evening at a dive place that sits on the banks of the Platte River. Terrible service, stupidly noisy but still we enjoyed the view. Had dinner on a rooftop restaurant in town then wandered down the street to finish off the night at a bar that's filled with old video game machines.

This Week I’m: 

Planning: On getting to the painting projects that I couldn't get to this weekend.

Thinking About: All of the difficult movies I've watched and books I've read lately. It's good to do, to be reminded. But I'm thinking I may need to read some David Sedaris so something equally funny to lighten my load.

Feeling: Like I'd just like to curl up and sleep and read. It's cool out today, just 70 degrees, and we can finally have the doors and windows open (when it's not actually raining!) which is just bliss.

Looking forward to: Book club this week - can't wait to get everyone's thoughts about Homegoing!

Question of the week: I got onto Pinterest today, for the first time in a long time for anything other than to quickly find a recipe. I find that things are a lot different than they used to be, a lot of ads and I wasn't getting much variety in my home page. Do you still use Pinterest? I do have a lot of things pinned that I would like to try and miss Trish's Pin It and Do It. If you still use it, would you be interested in joining me in a kind of challenge to use what you've posted?

2 comments:

  1. Mudbound was such a great read, but I'm not sure I could deal with the movie, lol! Only one week for an audiobook loan?? That's impossible... even assuming you started the book the same day you got it :(

    I have fond memories of Trish's Pin It and Do It challenges! I read more food/cooking blogs these days and use pinterest to "save" those recipes until I'm ready to try them (it's basically replaced the folder of recipes torn out of magazines and newspapers)..I rarely use it to search for anything. I like to try one new recipe a week, though that doesn't always happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear how your book club enjoyed Homegoing! It is cool where you are at. We are starting to cool off down here a bit at night.

    Pinterest has changed a lot but you can hone your feed to just those you follow now. That's been a big help, though the advertising is awful. I use it all the time for getting quick and easy recipes and drink recipes. I'd love to join a challenge! I hope you find something funny to listen to or read!

    ReplyDelete