Saturday, December 4, 2010

Checking off the "You've Got Mail" Challenge


With my recent frenzy of reading children's books, I've reached my goal for the "You've Got Mail" Challenge.  I love that movie so much, though, I was really tempted to keep the picture on my blog just to bring a smile to my face every time I saw it.  I read:

Maurice Sendak: Pierre: A Cautionary Tale Told In Five Chapters And A Prologue
                           Where The Wild Things Are
Ludwig Bemelman: Madline
                              Madeline And The Gypsies
                              Madeline And The Bad Hat
                              Madeline's Rescue
                              Madeline In America
E. B. White: Stuart Little
                   Charlotte's Web
L.M. Montgomery: Anne Of Green Gables
Kay Thompson: Eloise
Lewis Carroll: Alice's Adventures In Wonderland
Roald Dahl: James And The Giant Peach
Shel Silverstein: Where The Sidewalk Ends
Jane Austen: Northanger Abbey

I'd actually only planned on reading 10 books for the challenge but those Madeline books just sucked me in!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Bonus that we picked Anne for our classic this year.

    Have we picked a classic for 2011? Madame Bovary has a new translation (by Lydia Davis) that might be interesting. It's the Double X book pick for January (Slate). I have a copy sitting on my nightstand that I hope to read soon - have to finish A Suitable Boy first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job!! I failed several challenges including yours!! But I'm going to pretend that the Gilmore Girls challenge goes until the end of 2011...there's so many great books to choose from!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! I like that movie too even more so now that I don't work so much at a giant bookstore!

    ReplyDelete