Monday, August 18, 2014

Bout of Books 11

I know what you're thinking - why would she sign up for yet another read-a-thon she's bound to fail at? Because hope springs eternal! Even though I know I have book club Tuesday and will spend part of Thursday evening at a Rainbow Rowell book event, The Big Guy is out of town this week. That means that except for whatever football games are on, the television will mostly be off and it will be very quiet around here.

Here's what I'm hoping to get read:

1. Finish Bob Greene's Once Upon A Town
2. Read Thrity Umrigar's The Story Hour
3. At least get a good start on another book I have for review, although I'm not sure which one I'll pick up yet. I'd love to get the whole book read while I've got the extra reading time!

3 comments:

  1. I definitely get more reading done when I am alone in the house, but fortunately, football has become like white noise to me, so I can pretty much ignore it! :--)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound like realistic goals. I always get more reading done when my husband is out of town. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the read-a-thon, Lisa. It sounds like it's perfect timing for you!

    ReplyDelete