Sunday, August 10, 2014

Life: It Goes On - August 10

Happy Sunday all! I'm feeling so relaxed and recharged after a week away but I sure would like another one just to poke around the house and get things done!

We made a tour this week through Missouri. We shopped, we ate, we drank, we boated, we ate and drank some more. We discovered that my husband doesn't believe his GPS and that eating out with two vegetarians, especially a very picky one, is complicated (thank heavens for menus on the internet). We drank coffee made from ridiculously expensive beans, hit the tasting room at Boulevard Brewery, sat on a river bluff listening to music and drinking wine, toured "castle" ruins, and spent the day on the lake in a boat tubeing. We fought, we laughed, we had fun and created great memories. Love my family!

Got back in time to finish up plans for a bridal shower for my nephew's fiancee which we held yesterday at my parents' home. It was the first bridal shower she'd ever been to and the poor girl was so nervous! Her mom surprised all of us by making the long trip up which made the day even more special.

This Week I'm:

Listening To: I talked the crew into listening to some RadioLab podcasts while we were driving but mostly we've been listening to angry young men music. I'll be back to The Swan Thieves this week and hope to pick up some new audio books this week.

Watching: Preseason NFL football and the season finale of "Longmire."

Reading: I only finished one book all week, Piper Kerman's Orange Is The New Black. My reading was somewhat limited by the fact that Mini-me glommed  on to my Nook as soon as we got into the car and read all of Philip Meyer's The Son while we were gone.

Making: The only thing I've even made since we got home was a warm pasta salad. I'm going to have to get back in the cooking groove this week! I know for sure tomatoes and hot banana peppers will be involved - our plants are producing like crazy.

Planning: Absolutely nothing at the moment.

Grateful for: my kids who pushed me to do something this week that I didn't think I could do. I had so much fun and need to remember to be more daring.

Enjoying: A cool, rainy day. I'm about to go spend my last day off reading; I'll be finishing Jill Smolinski's Objects Of My Affection.

Feeling: Lazy. Oh well - I'm going with it.

Looking forward to: Not going back to work, I'll tell you that. What are you looking forward to this week?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a busy but fun week - hope this one allows you time to unwind Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful time. What did your kids push you to do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just lying in bed last night looking across the room at my unread copy of The Son. The hours, where do they go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your family time was wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had such a fun and refreshing week! I usually feel the same at the end of one - another week to clean up would be really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the collage of photos from your trip and glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete