Sunday, January 16, 2022

Life: It Goes On - January 16

Happy Sunday from sunny Omaha! It may be cold but, even with snow outside, I can pretend it's warmer. Plus, the sun is helping keep me more productive! No, that does not mean I've been working hard on that 30 Bags In 30 Days project (more like 4!) but I've been doing some deep cleaning and that always feels so good!

The Big Guy was going to the home improvement store yesterday so I asked him to pick up a new lamp shade for a lamp that has been wearing a shade that is a bit too small for years. As I was saying to him that I keep forgetting to pick a new one up every time I go to the store it occurred to me that I have hardly been in a store in almost two years. I can probably count on my fingers the number of times I've been in a store since CoVid arrived. Although it does mean that when you order a 2022 calendar, you may well have one arrive that runs from July 2021 through June 2022. Why, Target? Why? 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: Radium Girls by Kate Moore and My Monticello by Jocelyn Nicole Johnson. I had started My Monticello on Netgalley but it expired before I got finished. I'm sort of happy because I'm getting to listen to the title story and the reader is wonderful. 

Watched: Lots of football (of course!), some HGTV, some Food Network, and we finally started the latest season of The Crown

Read: Guys, I'm reading again! I finished Lessons In Chemistry and now I'm switching between Joan Didion's Let Me Tell You What I Mean, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's Notes On Grief, and Thrity Umrigar's Honor

Made: Totally drawing a blank on what we ate this week, other than pork chops. BG did bring home a rotisserie chicken from Costco the other day so we've been using that for a couple of meals.  

Seriously, doesn't everything
look better with sunlight
pouring in the window?
Enjoyed:
 I haven't left the house since I came home from work early on Friday; and if I didn't have to go pick up groceries this afternoon, I wouldn't leave today. This does mean I've heard, more than once, "are you going to get dressed today?" The answer is, as it is on so many weekend days, "maybe."

This Week I’m:  

Planning: On working with BG to get some more of his clothes sorted out. The other night I brought down all of his undershirts and winnowed those down to 20. Yes, 20. More than twice that many are now in the rag bin. Did he think I might not do laundry for a couple of months or what? Next up, hats. This one could get ugly. 

Thinking About: Even as I work upstairs on the 30 Bags project, I'm planning ahead for the 40 Bags In 40 Days that starts with Lent. There's a very good chance that my entire focus of that will be on our basement, which I somehow never seem to get to every time I do 40 Bags. 

Feeling: Nervous. I have a root canal tomorrow and I hate them. But my tooth has been bothering me for almost a month so I'm eager to be done with that pain. 

Looking forward to: We're hoping to have some company next weekend, weather permitting. 

Question of the week: In Stanley Tucci's book, Taste, he said that he doesn't like California in part because of the constant sunshine; he prefers the weather in London. You all know I'm a huge fan of sunshine and warm weather. What about you? Which do you prefer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment