Sunday, January 30, 2022

Life: It Goes On - January 30

Happy Sunday! For my friends and family on the East coast, how are you faring with the blizzard? Hoping you have not lost power and don't have to go out until the roads are safe. Here we are snow free and starting to worry that we are not getting enough moisture. I don't know that we've had a foot of snow altogether yet this winter. I say that hoping that I haven't jinxed us one way or the other! I must say, I have enjoyed not having to battle snowy roads at rush hour yet this year. 

Last Week I: 

 Listened To: I finally finished One Day In December when it became available again and then listened to Cloud Cuckoo Land. But now Bewilderment became available again so I'll have to take a break to finish that one up. 

Watched: Basketball, football, CBS Sunday morning and the first episode of the new season of Resident Alien

Read: I've slowed down on reading some this week, what with working extra hours in the evenings. But I should finish The London House yet today and then I'm on to John Banville's April In Spain

Made: The Big Guy and I are working to lose some weight this year so we've eaten a lot of chicken - soup, enchiladas, salad. We're learning fast that the portions that are posted on products are certainly not the portions we've been eating and that if we eat those portions, we can have about anything we want to eat!

Enjoyed:
 Dinner and drinks with decades-long friends who were in town. A weekend visit with my brother-in-law, niece and her husband and two-month-old son. I was so excited to meet the family's newest prince! 

This Week I’m: 

Planning: That office that I keep saying that I'm going to work on? Well, I haven't yet. It's time to get it done. 

Thinking About: I have a hair appointment Saturday and I'm thinking of switching things up - a new hair cut or a new color. We'll see how brave I am on Saturday!

Feeling: Hopeful. I haven't shared before but my dad has been diagnosed with cancer. We learned this week that there is treatment and a path forward that will likely give him years more. It's been a stressful couple of months as he waited to get to this point and it is such a relief to finally have answers. 

Looking forward to: Miss H is coming to town this weekend. 

Question of the week: How long have you known your longest friend(s)? 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your father's diagnosis, but pleased that there is a good treatment. This is the first I've seen of The London House... I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoyed The London House. I am glad you were able to spend some time with family, especially the new baby. I haven't been to a salon in so long. I really should go and get my hair cut. I know whatever you decide to do with your hair, it will be great! That is wonderful news about a treatment plan for your dad. I can only imagine how difficult it has been for all of you. Sending good thoughts your way. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete