Sunday, November 27, 2016

Life: It Goes On - November 27

Hoping you've all had a lovely holiday weekend! Did you celebrate with family or did you have a Friendsgiving? Do any Black Friday or Small Business Saturday shopping?

We've had something of an unusual Thanksgiving this year. Mini-me and Miss S couldn't make it down (first time I've ever had a holiday without one of my kids with us - I'm not a fan!), many of our nieces and nephews and their families couldn't be with us, and neither of The Big Guy's brothers made it back. Sure was quiet without the usual raucous crowds!

It was a beautiful day out yesterday, so BG has gotten the Christmas lights out; but I'm not quite ready to do the indoor decorating. Too many other things that needed to get done this weekend, including a fair amount of shopping and a  Gilmore Girls marathon.

  This Week I'm:

Listening To: Well, now that Thanksgiving is over, I did turn on the Christmas music radio channel...briefly. Then I decided it was too soon.

Watching: Miss H and I spent all of today devoted to watching the four new episodes of Gilmore Girls. Sure, it's only a total of three hours of programming, but first we had to make a grocery run for some of the foods we needed. Then there was a break to run to eat hamburgers and another break for pizza. If you're a Gilmore Girls fan, you know why.

Reading: Finishing Wally Lamb's latest, I'll Take You There tonight and I'm about done with all of the plays for the Classics Club spin. Then I'll probably start The Boys In The Boat for book club. Unless I have another book I need to read for review before then. I'll have to check later.

Making: My job for Thanksgiving was the salads (one was a salad that was nicknamed "purple goo" by an Australian friends thirty years ago and the other was the Granny Smith/Snickers salad). Today was chocolate chip cookies. Otherwise, lots of leftovers during the weekend.

Planning: Bringing up the Christmas decorations this week. Before that could happen, I wanted to get the giant file cabinet that was in my living room emptied and moved to the basement so the tree can go where it was at. It only took all day to find a home for everything that was in it so that it's still available if BG needs it. Now I know why we hadn't gotten that done yet!

Thinking About: All of the things that need to be done in the next few weeks!

Enjoying: Time with family, including Black Friday shopping. My niece couldn't be with us this year and it was here idea for us to hit Starbucks before we start shopping every year so we found a way to take her with us. BG and I also enjoyed downtown Omaha's holiday festivities last night, including some Small Business Saturday shopping. It was so nice out that families where taking advantage of the big outdoor slides on the mall.


Feeling: Sad to not have Mini-me and Miss S with us for Thanksgiving but happy to get to Face Time with them and seeing them so happy and enjoying making their own Thanksgiving (vegetarian) meal.

Looking forward to: Getting back to regular food. Oh sure, I did it to myself. But c'mon, if there are leftover sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, cranberries, you know you're going to keep eating it. But now my stomach is telling me that it wants to have yogurt or a salad or soup.

Question of the week: What are you most looking forward to doing in December?

3 comments:

  1. I'm most looking forward to December 31st because that will mean we are one month closer to spring. I am NOT a fan of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We managed to get the inside of the house decorated this weekend, but the rain prevented us from doing anything outdoors (other than putting the wreath on our front door). Everyone in our house seems to have been ready. My husband even said he'd missed having the tree up. Most of my shopping is done. We'll two thirds of it, anyway. I think. I hope. I am sorry your Thanksgiving wasn't as it usually is. It sounds like you made the best of it though.

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not ready for the holiday decorating or music yet either. I just wanted to enjoy the long weekend without having to deal with the crowds or lose a day putting up decorations. I believe we will be doing them next weekend though. As for music, who knows when I will get around to listening to it, although Pentatonix may change my mind.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete