Tuesday, November 22, 2016
This week is a Thanksgiving freebie, thanks to the ladies at The Broke and The Bookish. For me, that means a list of ten things I'm thankful for, a list that is only complicated by the fact that it's tough to narrow the list down to just ten things.
1. Family, of course. You all know how much I love my family - my kids, The Big Guy, my parents, my siblings, nieces, nephews, aunts and uncles, the whole growing crew.
2. Seeing my son so happy with his future wife. They really are perfect for each other.
3. How engaged my kids are in the world. They read, they listen, they get involved.
4. That I still have both of my parents. They are the bedrock of our family and while it is getting tougher for them physically, mentally they are both still alert and vital. I never forget that at my age, I'm very lucky.
5. Living in a country where I have a voice I'm allowed to use.
6. Peace and quiet when I can get it. I don't get a lot of it around my house because I live with two people that need constant noise and entertainment so when I get it, I bask in it. It's the best way for me to recharge.
7. Books and music which are so often refuges from the craziness of the world and the stuff going on in my head.
8. Champagne. C'mon. Is there any other drink that's sole purpose is to make people happy?
9. These cats we've inherited. They really are better medicine than anything the doctor could prescribe.
10. Inside jokes. Because they always remind me of fun times with people I enjoy. And because they always make me laugh.
What are you thankful for?